Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V for Vendetta

Options
  • 30-05-2000 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Read this on me hols. No doubt its good but it's not as good as watchmen. It could do with an ending as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Where could a man get himself a copy these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Forbidden planet 15 of your earth quids.

The problem I thought was that because it was originally serialised it seemed a bit disjointed. Watchmen didn't. A little tweaking on the continuity thing and I'd have been happier.
    Nonetheless it was fairly fookin' good.

"Hmm, I wonder how many I should take. 5 or 6 should do it".

[This message has been edited by Canaboid (edited 31-05-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Fookin good ? The best fookin comic i ever read, and that includes Watchmen. Someday im gonna make a film of V. I first read it when i was like 12, along with swamp Thing ( Alan Moore's run), The Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, and the first 200 episodes of Cerebus. ahhh.. happy days..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!?

Alright, watchmen is a great book and I love reading it but it's not as political as V.

I cant believe you didnt think it had an ending. You did read the entire thing right? smile.gif

I thought the ending was brilliant.

Tom.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Too late, the brothers Wachowlski (whatever) of Matrix fame have it in their minds to do a film of it.

I hope that happens, cos I'd tust them to make a good stab at it.
    Mind you, twould be a fairly brutal film. Not exactly happy go lucky stuff smile.gif

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

V for Vendettta is an excellent book (can we call it that? smile.gif )

It did have an ending of sorts and the disjointed effect was that that main parts of the stories were a few years apart afair.

I really hope V for Vendetta is made into a movie... but then knowing Hollywood they would probably ruin the ending al la Judge Dredd style.

Watchmen is an excellent book though but there was a lot of subliminal homosexual messages in it. (expect to get flamed for that one).

I have the limited edition of Watchman, it's hard back with an engraved smiley on the front with scripts, sub stories, prelim artwork at the back. Anyone have any idea how much it's worth? (it's in mint condition).

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Less than the $180K for Dective Comics 27 I was quoted today.....

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Draco:
    Less than the $180K for Dective Comics 27 I was quoted today.....

Draco

We talking about the same thing?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Detective Comics #27 is the first comic that Batman appeared in. Since it is the second most expensive comic in the world (the issue that superman appeared in is the most expesive afaik) your copy of Watchmen must be cheaper.....

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Im sure the Wachowski's will be too bust with The Matrix sequels. ill just slip in there and make it while there not looking. Still though, it would be a very cool film if they did make it. The only other person i think who could make it would be Terry Gilliam, but he wont because of all the trouble he had trying to make Watchmen a few years back. anyway, From Hell has gone into production, definetly in my top ten for next year if it comes out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Flame you ? Yes. Thats a good idea.....

Hobbes, if they were subliminal how did you spot them smile.gif
    Can't say I noticed. I do remember the blue fella shagging his missus twice at the same time tho.

Advertisement