Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I find Java Vm

• 05-11-2004 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I installed a program to print cd label(press-it) but when I go to open it I get an error msg "Try re installing Java Vm or change the Java Vm used by the application"
    Andbody have any ideas what it is on about?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

[I hope my response is not below you]

Java VM = Java Virtual Machine.

What version of Windows are you on? I would expect at least Microsoft Java to be installed.
    Search your computer for "java.exe" and check "Add/Remove Programs" to see if Java is listed (Start/Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs).

If it isn't installed you can download the Java Runtime Environment (which will install a Java VM) from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp (look for J2SE v 1.5 JRE)
    The slightly older version, which might be safer to install is at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html (look for "J2SE v 1.4.2_06 JRE").

The J2SE v1.5 JRE is about 15MB. I assume 1.4.2 is a similar size.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Only if it's an older app looking for the M$JVM
    Microsoft seem to have pulled their JVM from thier site something to do with getting caught breaking SUN's terms and conditions
    have a google for it,
    msjavx86.exe - version 3805 is the most recent I think

don't forget to patch form windowsupdate.microsoft.com as soon as you have instaled and be careful where you download it form - since it will be a file someone uploaded to a third party site, (in the end I downloaded it from several sites and used FC to confirm they were all the same..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thks lads,Daymobrew v1.4.2 worked a treat :D
    Mucho-grassi-ass

Advertisement