Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virus,adware???

• 06-11-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Not sure when it happened only noticed the next day on restart.
    My windows activation has gone mad asking me to register in 7 days.
    Now i have an xp disc and code(not a bent copy).But iv been using a crack now it won't let me enter my unused code tried to register with microsoft and loads of keys wont work on my keyboard so i cant enter code.Iv run adaware,mcaffe,spybot,hijackthis and windows washer in safe mode. :o
    Any ideas dont want to have to back everything up will take days.Upgraded to sp2(windows is instaled bout 18 months) about 3 weeks ago no probs very weird.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Its Windows XP SP2 doesnt liked crack codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Spent more time on it today i need an app to sort this out? when i click activate it says windows is already activated. I had webrebates0.exe and some other spyware in my pc got rid of that with spybot.I think these 2 might be connected i cant think what else it could be?PS now says i have 5 days to activate windows :rolleyes:
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you have a proper copy and code etc why have you been using the crack??? And why did you upgrade to SP2? Did you not know it does not work well if at all with cracked copies? obviously if its adware something is left in registry but your giving NO info to us. at the least you need to provide a log of everything running in background.. post the hijackthis log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

it is, as Saruman and Irishgeo pointed out, Service pack thing. they will not work with cracks or publicly (illegally) obtained serial numbers. there're probably ways to correct your installation once you have legal key /w genuine windows cd. But as they would be considered illegal, you or anybody else would be way better off doing clean install using original (genuine) cd /w sn.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Yeah think ill back up and put windows on again cheers guys!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement