Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircons Contract Problem

• 06-11-2004 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Ok, heres my question guys,

I got eircom broadband in October 2003 and of course was limited by the 12 month contract. Now that this is up can i swap to any other provider without having eircom bitching at me and asking for payments etc. ? Anyone know? Someone said to me that now that the 12 month contract has expired a new one automatically starts and that im screwed now until october 05.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

WellyJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

You can go and not lose service save for a minute or two. It is called Bitstream Port Transfer .

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I've heard of that yes, in fact Digiweb require a bitstream transfer form to be filled out when transferring from eircon to them. This is what im planning to do, so theres nothing Eircom can do about it and also no payments to be made to them right?

My concern is because i tried this transfer a few months back, while under contract, and it was blocked im guessing because of that reason. But now that the initial 12 months are up i should be ablt to transfer no problem?

WellyJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Actually another thing im wondering about is, now that the contract is up, do i legally own the DSL Modem that i got with the starter pack?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

WellyJ wrote:
    Actually another thing im wondering about is, now that the contract is up, do i legally own the DSL Modem that i got with the starter pack?

From Eircom's Broadband Terms and Conditions:
    7.2 Subject to the provisions of clause 7.3, this Agreement may be terminated by either party on one-month’s written notice to the other.

7.3 If the Customer terminates this Agreement during the Initial Period, eircom may, without prejudice to its rights to treat the termination as a breach or repudiation of this Agreement, agree to accept such termination provided notice of such termination is addressed to eircom and the Customer agrees to pay to eircom as a termination charge such sum as represents the remaining Rental due for the Initial Period.

7.4*On termination of this Agreement for whatever reason, the Customer shall return to eircom within fourteen (14) days of such termination any ADSL modem, the use of which may have been supplied to it pursuant to clause 4.2(b) by eircom as part of the Facility.* In the event of failure by the Customer to return such modem it shall become liable to pay to eircom such charges as are set out in the Regulation as being payable in respect of such failure.

7.5 Where this Agreement is terminated by the Customer for the purposes of availing of Bitstream Port Transfer, the transfer to another authorised operator shall not come into effect until such time as the Customer has paid to eircom all Charges due and owing, up to the date of termination together with all Charges arising from such termination as set out in this clause 7.

Advertisement