Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield, Punkbuster and ATI Catalyst 4.10's

Options
  • 06-11-2004 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

From theinquirer.net
    ATI to fix Punkbuster problem in 4.12
    MANY OF MY gaming friends told me that there is a serious problem with 4.10 drivers and games that use this tool. Many servers are using it to prevent cheats during a game play.

The list of affected games appears to be quite long. Call of Duty, America's Army, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Enemy Territory, Far Cry, Joint Operations, MOH Pacific Assault, Quake 3 Arena, Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield, RTCW, Soldier of Fortune II and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow are affected.

In a usual scenario, a game will hang after half an hour of playing and up to now the only solution is to downgrade to earlier drivers. Catalyst 4.9 doesn’t have a problem with this tool as far as we know.

ATI said that it is aware of the incompatibility and has already finished a beta driver that is fixing the problem. ATI is still testing it and will release the beta as soon as its ready enough.

This bug will be fixed in Catalyst 4.12 - that will come in early to middle of December.

While we are talking about Catalyst we should mention that Rage 3D will have an IRC chat with ATI's Matthew Tippett, a software manager for Linux to answer your questions. This will take place on Thursday Nov 11 at 4-5 pm EST. µ

Never had this problem myself ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

dont know if its relevant, but i keeped getting kicked from battlefield because of punkbuster updating problems until i figured out you can update punkbuster it manually.

Advertisement