Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday books

Options
  • 15-06-2000 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

i'm going away in a week. to tunisia. with my family. so there's nothing for me to do but read and play my gameboy smile.gif
    does anyone have any good ideas for books for me to bring. leaning towards horror/suspense and none of that lonely planet kind. thanks.

dot
    also
    Mapfinger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Xavius

Bring some King books with you.
    Misery is great, and the Gunslinger series ain't too bad either.. And of course, the Stand is worth a read.

Xavius. The whale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya, of course Steven King - i said it before - the short stories are the best for on holiday. Try Night Shift, but theres a few of them, and they all have some good stories, Skeleton Crew, and a couple others. I wouldn't go with the Gunslinger - my sister was sure that I would love that series, because it is more fantasy than most of his stuff, but i didn't like the whole atmosphere, or the style of writing. My favourite Steven King book was the Talisman.
    Or, if you don't have Zelda for the gameboy, get it. There is easily a week's playing time in that game (6 hours a day). Its a classic - i suppose you've finished it, but its better than any Sega Game i've played - you get over the fact that its on a gameboy fairly quickly. (so sad at the end...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

James Herburt has some cool horror books out.
    The Rats trilogy is pretty cool
    "Rats", "Lair", "Domain".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Rats and Domain were absolutely brilliant!

Lair left a bit to be desired but still worth the read.

IMHO the best of the Herbert books is 'The Dark' , mighty creepy it was.

King: The dark half, Cujo (classic!), and the green mile - good holliers book that, funny and weird.

Don't go bringing some monster humongous tome like LotR, your on holidays! In a foreign place, get out and get some air and get a bit o' culture inta ya. Then wash it all down with the local equivalent to poteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

wink.gif thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement