Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of petrol in Kilkenny

Options
  • 06-11-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

6th November 2004

I think were being ripped off in Kilkenny for the price of petrol. One petrol station in Kilkenny on the Roundabout is charging €105.9 cent for a litre of petrol where as you can get a litre of petrol for 96 cent in waterford. The cheapest petrol in kilkenny that I can see is €102.9 cent on the collage road.

Anybody else want to throw in there tuppence worth.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In fairness, its buyer beware
    If people are stupid enough to go to the station on the main roundabout then there muppets

Its the same as bitching about having to pay €1.50 for a can of coke but you can get it elsewhere for €80, basically shop around...
    Is'ent there a cheap petrol in the hebron intustrial estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Cabaal wrote:
    Is'ent there a cheap petrol in the hebron intustrial estate?

Only Diesel

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Only Diesel

heh, good guess considering I don't even have a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

there is a place in the indst estate that does petrol, its the top garage. dearest is apparently a garage on the ballyragget/kk road, campus..dunno what the price is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

Yes you can buy cheaper petrol up in Top Oil on hebron industrial Est.
    Its the same as bitching about having to pay €1.50 for a can of coke but you can get it elsewhere for €80, basically shop around...

a bit much for coke? or is it for sniffing????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

TIPPTOP wrote:
    6th November 2004

I think were being ripped off in Kilkenny for the price of petrol. One petrol station in Kilkenny on the Roundabout is charging €105.9 cent for a litre of petrol where as you can get a litre of petrol for 96 cent in waterford. The cheapest petrol in kilkenny that I can see is €102.9 cent on the collage road.

Anybody else want to throw in there tuppence worth.

97.9 in Top hebron ind estate :cool:

djpaul wrote:
    97.9 in Top hebron ind estate :cool:

Thats good, but I'm in Waterford once a week and I fill up there its still 95.9

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

TIPPTOP wrote:
    Thats good, but I'm in ********* once a week and I fill up there its still 95.9

True, but W/ford has a Tesco petrol station that sell at 95.9 cent so every other garage had to price match them.

I think the Esso in Irishtown is 101c at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

where is everyone buying there petrol/diesel just done a drive around kk to compare prices they are as follows
    statoil, castlecomer rd,
    petrol 117.9
    diesel 125.9
    shell, castlecomer rd,
    petrol 117.9
    diesel 123.9
    filling station freshford rd
    petrol 119.9
    diesel 122.9
    esso irishtown
    petrol 119.9
    diesel 124.9
    campus near garda station
    petrol 129.9
    diesel 129.9
    texaco college rd
    petrol 117.7
    diesel 123.7
    esso at callan rd round about
    petrol 120.9
    diesel 125.9
    statoil waterford rd
    petrol 117.9
    diesel 123.9
    black quarry filling station
    petrol 117.8
    diesel 124.8
    maxol carlow rd
    petrol 119.9
    diesel 125.9

all seem bit over priced to me compared to some other towns near by i think were been robbed blind,
    take new ross for example its only 35 mins down the road, petrol there in tesco's is 111.9 and spend 50 euro on shopping in the store and get 5 cents a litre off, the statoil there is 111.9 and buy any car wash and get 5 cents a litre off, maybe its just a tesco's we need to drive down the prices hope this might help somebody :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

oldposts.jpg

Nice to see the price from 4 years ago, Tesco makes a difference because people will travel and would have an effect on prices here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't think people are going to travel big distances to get petrol though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

The worst is the Campus garage ont he way to Ballyragget - totally extortionate!

Cheapest place is up in Hebron Industrial estate, cant remember the name.

Cheapest place is up in Hebron Industrial estate, cant remember the name.[/QUOTE]

yeah it wasnt open monday when i was spinning around, was in there few weeks ago it was only 1 or 2 cents lower than the rest :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Prices in KK at the moment are pretty good. Was keeping an eye on the prices coming down from Dublin at the weekend. The prices in the city seemed to be on par with or cheaper than most in Dublin, Athy and the places in between.

Think I paid 118.8 in Statoil on the Comer Road, whereas one Esso I passed in Dublin was charging 123.9

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Was in Clonmel last week and petrol was available for 113.9. Lads in work from Waterford are telling me that Tesco have it for 109.9!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I find the place in Hebron to be about standard. Was 117.9 last time I went there. It's a long hike but I pass it regularly - Texaco in Urlingford is 115.9 and Apple is, wait for it, 113.9. Brilliant for a student!

dragging up a almost 4 year old thread, impressive :)

Tesco Clonmel today

Diesel €1.11---Petrol €1.13

• Advertisement

just home from work, and filled up in tesco's in new ross 111.9 both petrol and diesel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

What sort of wheels are you driving that can take both petrol and diesel? :confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Urlingford is the best place in KK to buy fuel-competition there is great.

Advertisement