Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets for Old Trafford.

• 06-11-2004 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine is looking for tickets to a match in Old Trafford.

Where can these tickets be bought?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

on the man utd website or from touts outside the ground or touts in travel agencies.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah, some people dont like going over without tickets but usually you'll get them outside the ground.

buying packages etc are a waste of money unless it's for a big game like arsenal/chelsea etc (tickets are like golddust and you'll be very lucky to pick them up at face value) .. with aerlingus & ryanair both with low fares you'll get there for under €100, then its just accomodation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Just go up to the ticket window when you get there, wink at the lady behind the counter and tell her Malcom Glazer sent you.

She'll sort you out with tickets no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

there are generally tickets available outside the ground but you'll pay through the nose for most of them. Expect to pay at least £100Stg for most games.

The packages with the tour operators are just as bad. They wanted €440 for a day trip to the Man Utd v Arsenal game!!!

It cost me €375 for flights, 3 nights accomodation, match ticket and transfers, but then I've a mate who has a B&B and is secretary of a supporters club branch. It just shows the markup that operators have though

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I joined up on the website as a match member. Cost about €40 for the match membership, then you can apply for tickets. Generally the tickets will go on a ballot, as they oversubscribe for all games. Have applied for 6 games so far this season, and have had tickets to 3 - all the CL home games.

• Advertisement

I joined up on the website as a match member. Cost about €40 for the match membership, then you can apply for tickets. Generally the tickets will go on a ballot, as they oversubscribe for all games. Have applied for 6 games so far this season, and have had tickets to 3 - all the CL home games.

Yeah, I think if you're planning on going a few times a season and don't know someone who can get you tickets this is the best way to go. I've gotten tickets for Norwich (couldn't go), Everton & Liverpool. We apply of 2 tickets per match and then myself and the girlfriend or a friend fly in as cheaply as possible. It's well worth the membership fee I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

How much are they match tickets? 40 to sign up to apply for them is a bit cheeky aint it? still if you get a few tickets i guess its worth it..anyow how much for a ticket? cos i knwo celtic used to be like £12 no its £25....can only imagine what OT is now

johnor wrote:
    How much are they match tickets? 40 to sign up to apply for them is a bit cheeky aint it? still if you get a few tickets i guess its worth it..anyow how much for a ticket? cos i knwo celtic used to be like £12 no its £25....can only imagine what OT is now

The great thing about it is you can order online so there's no messing about with sending forms etc.

For members:
    £21 the cheapest - right low down behind either goal
    £29 the dearest - North or South lower.

For non-members when they don't sell out:
    £26 the cheapest
    £34 the dearest

Edit: It's €15 which I think is about £21 in to see Shels play at Tolka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

touts in travel agencies.

The travel agents can hide the fact that they are touting because they just quote a price for a package.

But a few years ago I went to a fight in the MEN Arena in Manchester and it was booked through Ray Treacy Travel. It was an FA Cup weekend and United werent supposed to be playing (knocked out already, or maybe it was the year they didnt play) and City werent playing at home. Anyway a couple of weeks beforehand, United's league game with M'boro was rearranged for that weekend. I get a call for Ray Treacy Travel offering me tickets for the game - at almost double the face value :mad: :mad:

I went to see Bury instead!

The travel agents can hide the fact that they are touting because they just quote a price for a package.

But a few years ago I went to a fight in the MEN Arena in Manchester and it was booked through Ray Treacy Travel. It was an FA Cup weekend and United werent supposed to be playing (knocked out already, or maybe it was the year they didnt play) and City werent playing at home. Anyway a couple of weeks beforehand, United's league game with M'boro was rearranged for that weekend. I get a call for Ray Treacy Travel offering me tickets for the game - at almost double the face value :mad: :mad:

I went to see Bury instead!

We used to book with Ray Tracey travel years ago before we started booking ourselves. There's no way I'd book a football trip with a travel agent anymore. They over charge for everything - match tickets, flights and then stick as many as 3 people in a room when they are paying £50 *per room* per night .

Legalised touting as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hi, ive signed up for the match membership, how do you apply for tickets? I went to tickets-> application, but theres none available. Do you have to wait for a certain date before you can apply?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

SteM wrote:
    Edit: It's €15 which I think is about £21 in to see Shels play at Tolka.

More like £9 stg. You did the exchange the wrong way round there.

Waylander wrote:
    More like £9 stg. You did the exchange the wrong way round there.

Woops, you're dead right there. :o

@L5 - go to http://www.manutd.com/tickets and take a look at the upcoming match list. The righthand column tells you when tickets go on sale for a game, so on Friday 12th there will be a button beside the Bolton fixture that will all you to apply for tickets for that match.

Tickets for the United v Arsenal Carling Cup match on 01/12 are on general sale now if your friend still wants to go to a match.

http://www.manutd.com/tickets/

Advertisement