Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Network

• 06-11-2004 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

After reading the FAQ in the security sub-forum I thought I might try over here for a bit of help .

I have 2 pc's networked , I have also once had to use FTP to d/l something from DNa.ie .

When I double click " My Network " I have icon for all the drives on the 2 PC's plus one for FTP.dna.ie . but I also have one that I don't recognise "220.67.210.** ". The 2 *'s correspond to two other numbers that I am not sure that I should post here or not , ( trying to learn from a mistake i made in irc :) )

Anyone have any ideas what this is about .

John

ps: if this is posted in the wrong place sorry .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is it XP??? Xp lists stuff it finds and stuff you have connected to before.. so you probably connected to that address some time.. or maybe it connected to you.. who knows.. It might not even exist.

Oh by the way do you have Broadband? Do you use lets say.. a netopia modem or something? maybe thats the IP address you were issigned by your isp...

Advertisement