Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool - Brum (may contain gaols)

• 06-11-2004 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

One hardly has a striker, the other has em but no one is scoring. I'll going for a 3-0 win to Pool then! :D

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Low scoring. Brum won't score. Either 1-0 or 2-0 to Pool. :)

BTW, might aswell put my accumulator selection up as I have a feeling its a winner. ;)
    Sheff Utd
    Luton
    Dunfermline
    Barnsley
    Hull
    Just the 3.50 on. Possible winnings: 45.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

2 nil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this being shown anywhere?

lfc to score at least 2, with heskey to threaten a goal - although it is anfield and he may get disorientated

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

liverpool 2 hopefully who's playin??

text commentary suggests this is a terrible game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool
    Kirkland, Josemi, Hyypia, Carragher, Traore, Luis Garcia, Hamann, Alonso, Riise, Sinama Pongolle, Kewell,
    Subs: Finnan, Diao, Biscan, Dudek, Mellor,

Birmingham
    Taylor, Melchiot, Cunningham, Upson, Gray, Gronkjaer, Izzet, Savage, Clemence, Johnson, Heskey,
    Subs: Clapham, Lazaridis, Bennett, Anderton, Yorke
    51:56
    Defending throw-in by Julian Gray (Birmingham).

51:10
    Attacking throw-in by Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).

50:34
    Defending throw-in by Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).

51:02
    Defending throw-in by Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Very poor game so far. Garcia had a great chance and should have scored but blasted over. No Baros as he is injured :( Kewell and FSP up front.

*plods off to watch the second half.

*plods off to watch the second half.
    where?!?

0-1 Anderton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sheeeeeesh, least its not Heskey!

Mike.

• Advertisement

oh noes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Por result. A draw would have been a fair reflection. Anderton unmarked scored and didnt inure hu#imself in the process... Liverpool before that had a great chance with Didi going through on goal but blasting at the keeper. Carragher had a shot from a corner cleared off the line then the resulting follow up being cleared by the defenders arm (seemingly) RReally looked poor up front with no real striking options. There were two midfielders playing up front for a while. Biscan looked lively for the 6 minutes he was on and had a tough chance with a haeder which obviously fell wide. He should have been given a longer run imho (amazing eh!?)

Ho hum onwards we march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Hate to say it but it's time to drop Kewell and give Warnock a longer run. He did nothing in the last few matches and if he is getting injured every third or fourth game then it's time to sort out the ankle injury he's carrying.

Also think the Garcia is due a spell on the bench. He's too lightweight and gives the ball away far too easy and gets caught in possession too much. He needs to be more aggressive.

Alsono had another outstanding game running the show in the middle of the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i cant wait till january, its were still in with a shot at 4th place by then it will be a miracle. Maybe we should bring back le tallec from loan if we can.

Birminghams first away win since december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Very poor performance by Liverpool. I was at it and Kewell was muck. He was getting a lot of stick from the fans. When the whistle went at full time they were booed off the pitch. Kop extremly quite. The forwards were far to lightweight. Also ref wouldn't let the game flow at all.

i cant wait till january, its were still in with a shot at 4th place by then it will be a miracle. Maybe we should bring back le tallec from loan if we can.

yeah and diouf and cherou we have no cover, common smicer heal yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Very poor result for Liverpool. I really thought Birmingham were there for the taking. They will certainly rue performances like this at the end of the year, with United playing poorly at the moment we really should be trying to open a gap between us and them if we want to do any better than 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

In all fairness, if we actually had goal scorers on the pitch we would have won it.. They created many chances while Brum did **** all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I cant wait till gerrard gets back, hopefully results will start to go our way then.

Anelka to return?

anelka would be a fantastic capture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Anelka and Baros would be an absolute pants partnership IMO. Anelka is an excellent player and had a very good spell when at Liverpool, but he is the laziest, most dishonest player in the premiership, and while I think Keegan was right to give him a chance, he's also right not to give him another contract.

Liverpool dont need an out and out striker. They need someone who's job it is to make easy goals for Baros and to help Baros get 25 or more a season, and then just to chip in with say 10 or so themselves. A Kenny Dalglish or Peter Beardsley or Dennis Bergkamp. Even a Teddy Sheringham or Alan Smith.

Chris Sutton is the man for Liverpool.

Of course Benitez probably knows nothing and has even less respect for Scottish "football". However, I hereby start the rumour that Alex Miller is doing his best to persuade Rafa to take a (cheap enough) gamble on Sutton.

Craig Bellamy might be another good alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

OMG Liverpool bringing Sutton to the Premiership again!! Lord GOD!

sutton is alright sorry but thats it - alright - we need someone to bring us forward someone who isnt going to be someone whos just there as a cheap alternative we need a real quality player, maybe someone brazilian :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm going to take a wild guess - we'll get a striker from the Spanish league. It's what Benitez knows best and he won't be getting ripped off. Of course he's now had time to evaluate strikers in the English league and he might make approaches but I don't think he'll pay over the odds just to get someone local.

Any particular Brazilians in mind mayordenis? - also Ibrahimavic (spelling?) is linked due to not setling in Juventos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Morinentas (sp) would be a great signing, not sure if he would go do.

its seems ibrahimovich is starting to gel at juve so probably wont happen if we could coax that kaka(is it kaka??) from milan or something would be beyond amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think its wrong to say Sutton is just "alright".

He's excellent in the air and at holding the ball up, very difficult to dispossess, very good passer, very good finisher, intelligent, good decisionmaker, gives 100% in every game, slow. Apart from finishing, thats the exact opposite of Anelka.

I think another fancy dan foreigner would be a mistake. A British style player is required, be him British or not.

not a chance sutton is good enough. We want to be challenging for the title next season, and buying sutton would be a massive step back.

Anelka would be brutal aswell, he useless. I dont think Liverpool should be signing manchester city, we should be far above that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Anelka would be brutal aswell, he useless. I dont think Liverpool should be signing manchester city, we should be far above that.
    Anelka wouldnt be a step forward, but I dont think the attitude of we shouldnt be signing players from Man City because we should be aiming higher is a good one. Id gladly take Wright-Philips.

• Advertisement

i agree with you in theory lol no really we should never of let go of anelka sillt decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

[PHP]THE sight of Emile Heskey back at Anfield was so traumatising, Liverpool's players suffered a costly relapse into bad old habits.

One can only presume having seen how much failure is rewarded, one or two stars fancy a slice of next year's termination payments.

[/PHP]

taken from here

Baros is going to miss the game against boro tomorrow, fortunately its just the carling cup.

yeah I saw this re: heskey. 10.7 million pay off to leave?!?!?!?!? is there a more direct source? after spouting on about how much he loved the club n all!!!

uberwolf wrote:
    yeah I saw this re: heskey. 10.7 million pay off to leave?!?!?!?!? is there a more direct source? after spouting on about how much he loved the club n all!!!
    I think you got mixed up with something else. The termination payments to Houllier (who was in his last year of his contract) and his backroom staff cost a total of £10.7m. The total amount lost by the club last season was around £22m. They were talking about this on Newstalk and one of them said, its no wonder the Moore's are always so reluctant to sack the managers. :D

edit:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SPORT/football/11/05/england.liverpool/

yeah i was really confused by this because the article I read mentioned failure pay off heskey 10.7 and I was left wondering, I even had someone else read it and they agreed with the inferral.

as you say it though i do remember reading about the the backroom pay off now.

the article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

[PHP]THE sight of Emile Heskey back at Anfield was so traumatising, Liverpool's players suffered a costly relapse into bad old habits.

One can only presume having seen how much failure is rewarded, one or two stars fancy a slice of next year's termination payments.

[/PHP]

Totally agree with that article, as I'm sure most would. I don't know what's going on with Kewell but I wish he'd either sort it out or piss off somewhere else. With the lack of available strikers you'd really hope someone with his supposed talent would step up their game but he just doesn't seem arsed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Speaking Of Kewell:

(From Liverpoolfc.tv)

RAFA: WE'LL SOON SEE THE BEST OF HARRY

Harry Kewell is following a personal fitness programme in a bid to end his worrying slump in form.
    Kewell won't be involved against Middlesbrough tonight after Rafa Benitez and his coaching staff devised a plan of action for the Aussie star to follow to improve his fitness levels.

"I won't be playing Harry against Middlesbrough," said Benitez. "I think it's better for him to train. I want him to recharge this week.

"Harry is working hard and training well. We feel he needs to increase his physical level and he has a special training programme which we've given to him. You won't see the results in a week, but maybe in a month.

"This season he's had muscle problems and when you lose a lot of training it becomes difficult to play to the same level.

"If you play like Harry with a muscle problem for a month then go away with the national team and lose a week's training, you can't change your physical condition.

"If you say: 'I need to lose three kilograms', you lose water not fat. You need two or three weeks to lose fat.

"If you play games you decrease your physical level. You increase it by training. He needs to improve his physical condition and then we will see the best player.

"But if you said to me you have two or three players better than Harry in his position, I would say it's not true. He is one of the best in England. He needs to regain confidence and improve his physical level."

Benitez added: "All the players are tested for different attributes. Some are quicker than others, others have more strength and resistance.

"We give each one a programme to improve. With Harry, we want to improve his resistance level and stamina. If he can improve this, he will make more sprints in a game and be stronger. Then his form will improve."

sorry to be a tad off topic but is the match being shown tonight?? if so what channel??

ta :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Sat TV Listings Site :
    Sat TV Listings

or here :

Satfootball

Anelka wouldnt be a step forward, but I dont think the attitude of we shouldnt be signing players from Man City because we should be aiming higher is a good one. Id gladly take Wright-Philips.

id take wright-philips aswell, but i cant think of anyone else from man city that would get a place on the liverpool team.

Advertisement