Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hello Citroen C4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

'tis nice alright, the xsara and the current c5 are up there with the blandest cars on the market so the C4 brings something something of the quirky citroen of old.
    also the centre of the steering wheel doesnt move so the airbag is shaped to drivers body as opposed to the regular circular airbags.
    dont know if it will be able to take from market share of the golfs/focus as its always going to be an outside option, wait and see i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah looks good with them 20" wheels ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

That friggin steering wheel is crazy, I don't know if I'd be at all comfortable with it operating like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

The new focus and golf looking pretty bland and the new astra well its better but no oil painting.

I think the c4 looks great and should be cheap to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I think the c4 looks great and should be cheap to buy.

Cheap to buy, yes. At the expense of reliability and build quality knowing Citroen.

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

dcGT wrote:
    Cheap to buy, yes. At the expense of reliability and build quality knowing Citroen.

DC.

Well I reckon I know Citroen as I have owned 5 of their cars so far and currently own a Pluriel. I have never had a major problem with any Citroen I have owned and generally have found them to be very reliable. My current car the Pluriel has a service interval of 20,000 miles. I think thats a fair indicator of how reliable Citroens are these days.

I also really like the styling on the C4 coupe. I would definately consider purchasing the 2 litre vts model when it come out! Its also nice to see Citroen using the swivel headlights again. I don't know why they stopped using them 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

The C4 coupe is a nice motor...shame it's not going to make it into WRC, would have been much better than the Xsara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I like the interior of the C4, but I have always been a fan of the newer Xsara Coupé. I currently drive a '99 Coupé, and I love it. I had a ZX Elysee before that, and it was a superb car. The C4 looks ok on the outside, but I prefer the Xsara for outer looks.

I would also vouch for Citroen reliabilty. I've got 94,000 miles on the Xsara, and have not had a major problem yet.

I am actually looking to see if I can trade it in for a newer one in the New Year. Anyone got one going cheap that they don't want??

:)

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

'ceptor will be delighted to see the Chris Bangle influence spreading to other sectors of the car designer world. Check out the 5 series-esque swept back headlights on the C4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

not bad, it looks pretty boxy at the back. Any pics of the back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

citroen-c4-r3q.jpg

tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I have to say for a modern yoke, I very much like the styling of this car...stands out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Looks like a nice motor alright

Advertisement