Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS1->PS2?

Options
  • 06-11-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does any of the hardware for the PS1 work with the PS2? i.e. controllers & memory card.

I'm going to get a slimline ps2 hopefully in the next week or so and it'd be great if I know I don't have to buy a memory card and extra controller etc, but then I'm guessing Sony has purposely made them incompatible... anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

you wont have to buy new gear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the joypads and memory cards will work fine

but you'll prob need a new ps2 memory card as they have much more storage space then the original ps1 ones iirc and the game saves are bigger also

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

My unofficial PS1 mem card wont work on my new slim PS2. I did read somewhere that the new slim PS2 doesn't like some unofficial PS1, and even original PS2, accessories (incl the multitap if memory serves?!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 duuke

Thanks guys, I'll just have to give them a go, it's the controllers I'm hoping will work the most, I still haven't got used to dual-shock and think it gets in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Wont a PS1 memory card only work with PS1 games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You need a PS2 memory card for PS2 games and a PS1 card for PS1 games. The old controllers will work but a lot of games only work with the dual shock analog controllers and a a few have to have the PS2 dual shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Mixie wrote:
    My unofficial PS1 mem card wont work on my new slim PS2. I did read somewhere that the new slim PS2 doesn't like some unofficial PS1, and even original PS2, accessories (incl the multitap if memory serves?!).

I read somewhere the multitap won't work with the new slimline PStwo.

Advertisement