Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rarr

Options
  • 06-11-2004 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hah, its still going ^^

How many of the originals are still here?

Does anyone remember me? :D

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Hello. How's scotland?

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

take it back. I BEG YOU ADAM TAKE IT BACK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Auled Skewel.

Please, bring back fascism!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hazily, but with rose-tinted glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Asuka wrote:
    Hah, its still going ^^

How many of the originals are still here?

Does anyone remember me? :D

A

ADAM!!!!!! It's been aaaaaagges. How are you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Adam? Adam from '02? Who lived in his rollerblades? Dude.

Undergod wrote:
    Adam? Adam from '02? Who lived in his rollerblades? Dude.

Hah. Eh no. Lil bit before that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Hi Adam,

Long time no see :)

<I feel so old, so so old.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

halenger wrote:
    Hah. Eh no. Lil bit before that. ;)
    Just so you know Podge, he means Adam Buckeridge, who was staff in 01 and 02

• Advertisement

Woops. So did I. I take it it's not then?

Raphael wrote:
    Just so you know Podge, he means Adam Buckeridge, who was staff in 01 and 02

I had guessed. :) I know both of them. :P

Ah right. That adam was cool....he was such an evil RA in 01....when really he was just an undercover nerd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Heh, its all good. I havent read boards for well over a year now, but i know that at least one or two of you are in lexcorp, and i still idle in that channel on quakenet.

For those of you who dont know me, I was at session 2 in 1998 and 1999, and both sessions in 2000. But you dont really need to know that, since i wont be around here much (or even at all). If you read back to the very beginning of the archives, you should find me :P

A

Damn, just missed you

Think i'm the only one in lexcorp atm adam, and i repeat.."GO BACK IN TIME AND UNDO, UNDO!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Asuka wrote:
    Heh, its all good. I havent read boards for well over a year now, but i know that at least one or two of you are in lexcorp, and i still idle in that channel on quakenet.

For those of you who dont know me, I was at session 2 in 1998 and 1999, and both sessions in 2000. But you dont really need to know that, since i wont be around here much (or even at all). If you read back to the very beginning of the archives, you should find me :P

A
    If you were both sessions in 2000 we definitely must have crossed paths at some point because so was I...
    So... hard... to... remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

ADAM!
    How the f**k've you been? Jesus, it's been ages! (It's Jack, by the way). You're living in Scotland now, that's cool, my best friend lives there, he's studying music. Where in Scotland are you, and what the Hell are you doing there?

There are only a few of us old ones left. The younglings are taking over. Apparently, it went downhill pretty drastically a year after I left, I'm not implying that it was due to me leaving, just a coincidence. Plus Dr. Gilheany isn't in charge anymore, Colm has taken over, though Dr. Gilheany still works in DCU.

The last of the old ones is Aonghus. He's my protegée. After you and that generation were too old to go, there was only a handful of old ones left. Me Cathal Garvey, Mike and a few others. Roscoe was gone, Marty was gone, dear god it was awful (I sound like I'm re-living some hopeless last stand, don't I?). We trained in as many as we could, but there was just too many of them, all acting so, so NORMALLY! People didn't even understand the significance of the dressing gown on a Thursday. When that happened, we realised there was no escape. Oh what a tradgedy, that I should live to see the last days of my house (Théoden, LOTR: The Two Towers).

However, all is not lost. I'm applying to be an RA this summer, and I'll re-light the spark of giddy, pointless insanity that made CTYI great!!!
    All night pizza parties, water baloon fights, "Matrix" re-enactments mohawks, spikes and insane, spoon worshipping religions.

Note:
    *The pizza parties still happen
    *We gave an RA a mohawk at session 2 this year
    *Plenty of Matrix reenactments
    *Water-balloon fights on many occasions
    *The amount of people trying to resurrect the spoon cult is just sad at this stage. Let. It. Die.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Note:
    *The pizza parties still happen
    *We gave an RA a mohawk at session 2 this year
    *Plenty of Matrix reenactments
    *Water-balloon fights on many occasions
    *The amount of people trying to resurrect the spoon cult is just sad at this stage. Let. It. Die.

he speaks the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i second that motion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Hey Jack, hows it going?
    Where in Scotland are you, and what the Hell are you doing there?
    Dundee, studying Computer Games Technology
    Plus Dr. Gilheany isn't in charge anymore, Colm has taken over, though Dr. Gilheany still works in DCU.
    Thats a bit odd... but I always liked Colm, he was always a good guy.

About the whole pointless insanity thing - well, I cant say that I never agreed with it, or anything, but looking at it now, it all seems a bit... well, pointless :P A lot of it was done soley *because* it was pointless, thus negating any inferred insanity :) Things like the spoon business were funny for a day, and briefly funny after a couple of years simply because you realise how long its been going on for no reason. All the time in between when people just do it is just plain stupid :P

Good luck with being a RA :) I never bothered for a couple of reasons (living in a different country, for example :P) but I imagine it would be pretty good fun.

A

Computer Games Technology in Dundee.....You don't by any chance know a Matthew Bett, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Missed this at the time, due to similar not-reading-boards-ness.

Some of the oldies are still around, lurking.

Hope Scotland is good.

Fionnuala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

:eek: My GOD how dare ye heathens ignore the Spoon Cults of 04?!
    They havn't disappeared, just gone underground for a while. Like Tulips. And Fraggle Rock (oh god how i wish that wer true...) anyway, i digress.

the spoons still rule, just in a semi-muted fashion due to old age.

(god damn those sock culters... :mad: )

Leave the spoon cult in the legends. It's passed its time and its people are gone...

Thank you!

.....so many noobs. so very very many noobs....

The spoon cult of 04 was a mockery. In the final week of 03 the last of the "old skool" CTYIers (steven, hugh, garog, macdara[who had 1 more year, but still]) brought the cult back as something to do in their final days. It was dead before, and it's dead after. Leave it rest in peace, or I shall personally melt any plastic spoon I see worn in 05. Thank you

• Advertisement

Agreed. Oh my God I can't believe it's my last year. Oh joy, now I'm depressed. Well... more so. I think it's kind of wrong to categorise them as the last of the old skool. You can still see the influences, to a much lesser extent admittedly, but there's still an element of it. CTYI '06 will be insanely creepy if my theory is right.

Advertisement