Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rarr

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

no its the same james - was there in 2001 and 2002 and possibly 2003. lovely guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, he was great. Think it was just 01 and 02 though, didn't see him round in 03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

yeah he was a Ra in 01 and a TA for Computer Apps in 02.HE got me addicted to chocolate peanuts and yoghurt raisens.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

edibility wrote:
    We tried podge. We really tried. There was the holidays, for example-mock holidays loike, but Sheila stamped them out.

Ah but this really is the point in the end of the day I guess. If Sheila didn't have to ban it then it really wasn't that successful, ya see? :) The spoon cult was banned, a lot.
    nosmo wrote:
    Why thank you, although odds are I've been in CTYI longer than you :P (Therefore, my penis is bigger)

Whatever you say. *pats you on the head*

The point wasn't relating to how long you've been there but what years. Maybe you were at the little kiddy one when I was there. :P What years did you do actually? I only ever got to know you at reuninos (as with many), as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ColHol
    Whos everyone exactly?

well when i was there, for the first few days there was always a few 'd'ye remember so and so? they're meant to be back as an RA...' or 'so and so applied for it and didn't get it' or 'yeah me and my mates all went for it but only me and whoever got here' kind of situations. and i know of a few people who've been dying to be RA's since they were 8 or some ****.
    so i mean everyone in the context of a whole lotta people, and not in the everyone who ever attended CTYI way, and i'm sorry if i've misled you to believe such.

*bows*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I would like to take a moment to point out that this is a silly silly thread. People who carry spoons behind their ears are not legends. And no one is better because they're older. Sure we may mourn the past, but equally surely we were as silly in our time as we accuse other of being today, and probably happier for it. That is all. Happy New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

halenger wrote:
    Ah but this really is the point in the end of the day I guess. If Sheila didn't have to ban it then it really wasn't that successful, ya see? :) The spoon cult was banned, a lot.

Nah, she had a valid reason and we concurred....there were a lot of people visiting our session to approve CTYI for sponsorship and whatnot (and tv/magazine....fricking article...), and if the holidays had been on....but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That damn article... I only recently got rid of the reminder I'd set the day it came out to kill the woman who wrote it, due to getting a new phone. *reminisces*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

edibility wrote:
    Nah, she had a valid reason and we concurred....

we? hmmm..
    *scratches head and goes back to sleep*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

TalkIScheap...were you session one last year?

nope. 2. Advertising. why, did u think i was someone else (such as not me?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

who are you?
    You know me, I'm not sure who you are.
    So, I'll reitorate:
    Who are you?

Poetry.

Mise? Cathal malone. Corporate Business 04, Advertising 03. Single handed creator (much to your annoyment, or do i flatter myself?) of Pastille Day, Bastille Days alter ego.

the larger, gayer cathat, or the smaller anooyinger cathal?

(calls to mind something bout rock + hard place)
    the "annooyinger" one. Damn proud of it too...

*starts muttering about thatdamnnamesnatcher...*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

edibility wrote:
    (and tv/magazine....fricking article...)
    I was on that tv thing, and about six months afterwards a friend said to me
    "Hey! You were on news for little people."

As a result of that I've become disillusioned with the entire Media business. They cut out all the bits that didn't make us look like little loners. And as for the smaller CTYI forensic group... grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. I was sitting beside you for that and when I went back to school, someone asked me, "Were you in Russia for the summer?". The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

lesson learned? never sit near cameras. or bill.

Not sit near Bill? Are you mad?! To be honest, stupid question boy learned his lesson better than I did. The answer was something along the lines of: "Yup! Went to Russia to learn Greek, actually learned Italian and ate nothing but sushi for nine months." It sounds weird but think how confusing this would be to a person who confuses Moscow and Glasnevin! :D

• Advertisement

Well, being a Glasnevin dweller myself, I'll have to inform you that the two aren't without similarities. For example, the thousands upon thousands of Russians that frantically run in random directions between exactly five to six and six O' Clock a.m., and then again between three minutes to eleven and eleven O' Clock p.m. every Wednesday. Like clockwork. Quite fascinating really. Also, I'm quite certain the bloke working in spar was lying when he denied being Mikael Gorbachov...

[EDIT-What a pointless post.]

did you know that the peak vodka drinking time in moscow is 7AM? wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

*shudders* Vodka..........

Heh. If only I hadn't gone straightedge... This is starting to get trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

VODKA! russian water!

what was the topic of this thingy anyways?? :confused:

Nostalgic reminiscence I think.

So, to summarize, we're all moping about the fact that we're not back deep in Mother Russia, having liver transplants due to consuming the years supply of communal vodka and pretending that we're from a place whick calls itself the hellenic republic to confuse the americans.

And eating sushi... or was that spaghetti?....

aren't we all overreacting to that article a bit?!

(notes previous remark about usage of we and hopes no one notices. Sh***, im thinking out loud again...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

So, to summarize, we're all moping about the fact that we're not back deep in Mother Russia, having liver transplants due to consuming the years supply of communal vodka and pretending that we're from a place whick calls itself the hellenic republic to confuse the americans.

And eating sushi... or was that spaghetti?....

aren't we all overreacting to that article a bit?!

(notes previous remark about usage of we and hopes no one notices. Sh***, im thinking out loud again...)
    ??????????????

What?

we're all moping about the fact that we're not back deep in Mother Russia

thankfully... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

lesson learned? never sit near cameras. or bill.

I vill khrush you! This'll be a great fight, a russian student versus the student Russia...

I'm back online!

Advertisement