Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Everton (will contain scores)

• 06-11-2004 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

A lovely goal by Robben settled it, Everton had their chances too. A hard fought win by the blues. Top of the league for time being.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Everton defended well before the goal. They had a good structured team in todays game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Was impressed with Evertons performance today. At the start of the season I had them tipped for relegation, not looking too likely the way they're playing atm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Chelsea are really starting to impress me though. Duff and Robbin are going to be amazing this season if neither get injured!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I thought Robben played well, although (like Duff) he does tend to go to ground at the slightest hint of a challenge. Chelski are starting to look like a real threat, and if they can ground out 1-0 victories against plucky teams like Everton with the likes of Babayaro, Tiago and Makalele (poor, rubbich and over-rated respectively) in the side, they'll go far. Lampard didn't have the best afternoon, but he's such a quality player, a model professional. Never moans, rarely gets booked, puts his foot in when he's needed and, in my opinion, is the most technically gifted player in the league at the moment.

Anyone agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I thought Robben played well, although (like Duff) he does tend to go to ground at the slightest hint of a challenge. Chelski are starting to look like a real threat, and if they can ground out 1-0 victories against plucky teams like Everton with the likes of Babayaro, Tiago and Makalele (poor, rubbich and over-rated respectively) in the side, they'll go far. Lampard didn't have the best afternoon, but he's such a quality player, a model professional. Never moans, rarely gets booked, puts his foot in when he's needed and, in my opinion, is the most technically gifted player in the league at the moment.

Anyone agree?

I don't agree with you about Robben going to ground too easily. at least twice today he was tugged in box but he stayed on his feet and scored after one of them. I think a lot of players would have gone down looking for the penno in the same scenario.

Chelsea are playing well at the moment. Now that they are in front it adds further pressure so it will be intersting to see how that affects thier game over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

One of Makelele's worst games of the season, but still was in the right place at the right time. Tiago is awful, he can't shoot for love nor money, and the only reason he was in the team was because Smertin was injured and Parker's missus just gave birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Perhaps when Tiago adjusts to The PL we'll see the best of him.

Advertisement