Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid problem?

Options
  • 06-11-2004 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

eh im sure this has been both asked and answered already but...

im using bit torrent
    but its slow
    im told this is because of routers
    im using eircom cayman blah blah blah broadband

how exactly do i do this with ports n such
    so i can get full speed on bit torrent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tea

If you are using Azureus, it supports upnp, so there should be no need to reconfigure the router at all.

If you are using something else, navigate to:

http://192.168.1.254

the click on expert mode -> Advanced -> Pinholes
    Add

Give it any name (say Bittorrent), and fill in the other boxes as TCP, 6881, 6999, Whatever the IP address of your PC is, 6881.

Save and restart (Attention symbol at teh top right).

But remember, you'll onmly need to do this if you aren't using Azureus, or you have a really old cayman thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Shouldn't be a problem. What BT client are you using?
    Not that it matters, but if you are using BitTornado then a Yellow light *usually* means Firewall or NAT problems.

Ok... NAT... first of all, get your internal IP address. Proly 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
    Then go to your router's IP, I think 192.168.1.254 is it.
    Go to Expert Mode, then Configure, then Advanced, then Pinholes.

In pinholes go "add" then enter the following info:
    Name - Whatever you want to call it.
    Protocol - TCP
    External Port Start - Your BT ports (usually 6881 and up, but is different for different clients)
    External Port End - The above number, plus a few (as many BT's you want to have running at once, e.g. 5 BT's would use ports 6881-6885)
    Internal I.P. - Your IP (go to run -> command (or cmd) the type ipconfig to find it)
    Internal Port - Same as the External Port Start.

Edit: OOPS! Save and Restart :P

Ta-dah! If you are using BitTornado, you can set the ports to whatever you want, but make sure you turn off random ports....

If you have a firewall, make sure it ALLOWS BT to do whatever it wants.

Phew, see if that helps.

Edit 2: I just checked BitTornado, it uses default ports of around 13000, so you'll need to change that if you are indeed using BitTornado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

im using another bit torrent ABC

azureus? i never heard of

netopia?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Ok, well just do the above, and It'll work with any BitTorrent Client. As long as you have the correct numbers in the correct boxes.

Edit: Oh, and Azureus is one of the more popular BT clients. It's java based, and has a bunch of cool features, but I much prefer BitTornado. Although ABC appears to be just a more.... feature-laden version of BitTornado.

• Advertisement
Advertisement