Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What TV ad make it feel like Christmas has really arrived?

• 06-11-2004 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭

I know it is early but with everyone else (radio,TV and shops ) starting why not us.

The simple ads that get me. It has to be the Budweiser ads with the horses.

Its so old and simple which reminds me of what christmas was like before,it was ruined by it starting on the 1st of november or before it in some cases.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

When didn't it start on the 1st of nov or before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Any of those coke christmas adds, all timeless if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Easy!nothing but toy Ads...my son is carrying the Argos catalogue around like its attached to his arm since birth.God help us all!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the 'i'm walking in the air' An Post ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Taking me back, my favourite christmas ad had to be the penneys one from years gone by where a baby wirtes his christmas list and leaves it in the sitting room and goes to bed. He wakes up in the morning and the whole sitting room is filled with presents.

So far, I quite like a hallmark cards american ad, sen it on some program, where a teachers is saying merry christmas to her oupils and she walks into her classroom to find a boy sitting there. She says 2Billy, you can go home now" and he gets up to walk to her "Miss, you know all those days were you let me stay in school to help me read, well my mom and I were shopping and we got you this" and he hands an evelope that says 'Hallmark' on it. "thank you" and Billy says back2can I read it to you?" and the ad ends zooming off from them, with the boy reading the card. Quite a huggable ad if you ask me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

irishgeo wrote:
    The simple ads that get me. It has to be the Budweiser ads with the horses.

QUOTE]

I love that advert, had forgotten about it actually until read this post. remember watching it as a kid and my kids love it as well. Just makes you feel all warm inside!!!

The worst thing about run-in to christmas is the radio ads. Nutgrove shopping centre have a particularly chilling one that I cant remember right now but will fill me with dread as soon as I hear it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

uberwolf wrote:
    the 'i'm walking in the air' An Post ads.
    Yes :D Aled Jones - Walking In The Air; incase anyone wants to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

The Coke ads...

...Or maybe 'an post' too. Really just for the song and that cartoon - couldn't care less what 'An post' are pushing tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

NoelRock wrote:
    The Coke ads...

your on the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

The Coke ads with the big trucks!

And of course the An Post ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

The Kelloggs CornFlakes ad where the liitle girl meets Santa at night time whilst others are asleep on the stairs. When that ad is on, then its christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

"There's a magical place, we're on our way there, with toys in there millions all under one roof. It's called Toys R Us"

i really hate that ad but i only ever hear it at christmas time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

A few ads i had forgotten about which i do like as well.

The kellogs ad is very good, the an post one is good as well.

Does anyone know which company has the ad where the young girl is playing with her new phone and she picks up to ring santa, Santa actually picks and goes hello and she says to her parents "Santa".

Think its a phone company but not sure if it was Telecom Eireann as i dont think its Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Those ones with the big massive Hampers, "start saving now from just under £5 a month for a great christmas *insert next year*"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Those hamper ads come out in January, bloody joke.

Anyway, holidays are coming, holidays are coming... lalala
    The coke one with the trucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Makaveli wrote:
    Those hamper ads come out in January, bloody joke.

Anyway, holidays are coming, holidays are coming... lalala
    The coke one with the trucks.

no they start before christmas.
    you know its christmas when die hard 2 is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

irishgeo wrote:
    A few ads i had forgotten about which i do like as well.

The kellogs ad is very good, the an post one is good as well.

Does anyone know which company has the ad where the young girl is playing with her new phone and she picks up to ring santa, Santa actually picks and goes hello and she says to her parents "Santa".

Think its a phone company but not sure if it was Telecom Eireann as i dont think its Eircom.

i think its dunnes, or penneys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

But for me it has to be the bud add with the horses...
    the cornflakes one is a hot second..
    then you really know its christmas..
    God I love christmas... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

dunno is it still on, but when it was, the ESB one with the lad coming home from college and Dusty Springfield singing 'Goin' Back' always told me that the time for decking the halls with boughs of holly wasn't too far away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Coca Cola ad's obviously. I hate that An Post one.... That song irritates the poo out of me ;)

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

"Primark, gotta whole lot of things for Christmas, gotta lot for the family.." and on on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Skyuser wrote:
    The Kelloggs CornFlakes ad where the liitle girl meets Santa at night time whilst others are asleep on the stairs. When that ad is on, then its christmas

Did ya see the size of the cornflake the girl gets off santa? it's as big as a bloody house!

Advertisement