Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dont want to give up your agp put want to try pci-express

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

A video card to really take advantage of the bandwith it could provide for video cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Hmmm??? doesnt really look like a really high preforming board. IS good if u dont want to go for a "FULL" upgrade ie u only want to upgrade mobo and cpu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hmmm- its only got two USB 2.0 ports, no adaptor modules, only two PCI 2.1 slots. Sure it has both PCI express and AGP, but they seem to have cut some serious corners with everything else on the mobo.

I think I'll hang on for Asus's offering......

S.

Yep exactly, it is good for people not wanting to spend LOADS on a new 775 system, but i tink i would rather go total pci express due to much better graphics preformance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

smccarrick wrote:

I think I'll hang on for Asus's offering......
    Something like this one
    Asus

As for that mobo i would rather do the whole lot and get a proper 915 mobo pci express than that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

gline wrote:
    but i tink i would rather go total pci express due to much better graphics preformance

There is no performance increase with PCI Express.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

as it stands pci-ex is not worth buying a new card and board for.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    There is no performance increase with PCI Express.
    I was talking about the results in http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20041027/index.html

it is better then the agp slot on that motherboard

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Welll whats the daleo. I mean PCI-E is ment to be the next thing since slice bread and everyone is slating it now?
    I mean im building my 1st comp come christmas(ish) am i better off with AGP or PCI-E. Looking to the near future(Graphics and Cpu's in mind)

Advertisement