Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serpentwar Saga

Options
  • 29-06-2000 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

So Thomas isn't completly Valheru, Calis isn't completly elven, the demon isn't completly demonic and the Emerald Queen isn't completly human. Confused yet?

I know the guy dosn't care if he uses old ideas as long as they're good but c'mon! Is there anyone normal in the books!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Erik and Roo???

wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

tell me, Is it better than The Wheel Of Time?, which I am finding very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Well gerry, if you like intricate LONG well described plots then Wheel of Times yer man. Terribly long however and it isnt finished yet fs.
    Serpentwar saga is short, typical fantasy, nothing in it that would make you say "wow what a clever story", but an enjoyable sunday afternoon read none the less, so long as you arent an english critic smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

short! there's 4 books of about 500 pages each!

never read wheel of time tho so I can't compare redface.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Feist generally writes good competent fantasy. But I read 2 of the Wheel of Time series and found then flat and uninspired. Try Tad Williams and J V Jones instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ye ure right blitzkriegar, but compared to most of the series Ive read its short smile.gif
    Wheel of time - 9 books of almost 1000 pages.
    Shannara series.
    Some series about two magicians :/ also V. Long.

Ah they are worth reading, but the series that started with the Magician, by Feist was much better imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

wheel of time doesnt really start going until the third book. i think most people get put of by the fact that in the start, you havent a bloody clue as to wha is going on. do stick with it. it will frustrate ou and drive you mad in places, yet i thinks itsthe best of any fntas series out there.

im actually going to read it again for about the 8th time after i finish the gap series. yes, it is that good if you finally figure out what is going on. just bare with it...

Advertisement