Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview in Ireland

Options
  • 07-11-2004 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this works in Ireland or to be more exact in Dublin? I see that the card is £20 in NI. Handy way to get ITV if you are just using a SKY dish.

Sorry if this is the 40th time this topic has appeared on this board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Read through the threads on the ICDG forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=40

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think you might be confusing Freeview (Digital Terrestrial TV via TV aerial) with Free To View Satellite (with SKy dish).

The FTV system will work anywhere in Ireland, as long as you know somebody in NI or GB that can get you a FTV card at £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I've a brother living in UK - where do I send him to get me a FTV card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Dilbert75 wrote:
    I've a brother living in UK - where do I send him to get me a FTV card?

Get him to go to http://www.freesatfromsky.com/ or get him to ring 0870 606 1111. As far as I know you can order up to 4 cards per household. If you can get your hands on more than 1 card for yourself let me know and I'll buy them off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

can these cards be bought in a shop or do you have to order it for your house and they deliver it ?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

you order them over the phone.

Go to the satellite boards.

Advertisement