Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Mod Chips?

Options
  • 07-11-2004 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anybody know of a good place to get a mod-chip if you're in Ireland/UK? Most sites I found are American and I'd rather buy from somewhere closer to home, and especially one that somebody here may have already purchased from (a lot of fake sites about) what are your experiences, any especially good chips to suggest?

It's for PS2 slimline (when I get it) which I've heard is going to make it a lot more difficult to install a solder mod-chip, but then I hear the no-solder mod-chips require putting some sort of boot CD in first and loading that then the backup copy (which I just think will become extremely tiresome after a while as I like to play for 10mins here and there).

I guess what I'm looking for is a no-solder mod-chip which boots instantly on its' own and that'll work!

Can anyone give me some advice here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

modchipireland.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will be difficult getting some one to do a slim line. They are harder to mod than the originals and the modders are only just getting familiar with them.

Advertisement