Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reprocessing the wild Yank

Options
  • 07-11-2004 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

We all know about that movement to bring children out of Northern Ireland's warring neighbourhoods to the U.S. to stay a summer with a family there and interact with children of the other persuasion from Belfast and other NI cities.

This was probably paid-for by donations in America. (I'm not saying it did any good, but there it was.)

What about the more vehemently anti-Bush, anti-U.S. Republican Party posters on this board getting a fund going in AIB or Bank of Ireland for bringing a few misguided Yank voters over here to be re-educated?

A centre for re-education could be set-up in D4 or another such salubrious and correct-thinking neighbourhood for the process. University Arts faculty, folk singers, Green Party members, Irish Times columnists or RTE staff should be excellent sources of instructors. At the end of the process, if a Yank was suitably tamed, he (or she) could be released into the wild to go and reproduce.

In difficult cases, several exposures to Nell McCafferty at full-throated bellow might be the only option, cruel as it might seem.

Regrettably, it would be necessary for impossible cases to be marooned on the Blasket Islands, there to be bludgeoned or shotgunned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Tomf in actually funny shocker. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Were you reading a different post?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Tom you did write this one yourself did you? Your normal modus operandi is to cut and paste !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

If this isn't cut-and-paste, I salute your amusing ramblings!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

TomF wrote:
    We all know about that movement to bring children out of Northern Ireland's warring neighbourhoods to the U.S. to stay a summer with a family there and interact with children of the other persuasion from Belfast and other NI cities.

This was probably paid-for by donations in America. (I'm not saying it did any good, but there it was.)

What about the more vehemently anti-Bush, anti-U.S. Republican Party posters on this board getting a fund going in AIB or Bank of Ireland for bringing a few misguided Yank voters over here to be re-educated?

<snip>

Ah another appearance from TomF. He ghosts in to start a thread, and like that... he's gone.
    The greatest trick TomF ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    Der is no TomF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Tom F the Keyser Soze of boards.ie

Damnit reckless I can't poz rep ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Well, if TomF continues to show an absolute lack of interest in dicusssing the topics that he starts, there indeed will be no TomF soon...

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

mycroft wrote:
    Tom F the Keyser Soze of boards.ie

Damnit reckless I can't poz rep ya.
    You don't have a rep block thang going on, do ya reckless? I can't + rep you either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I didn't see this board on Sunday so didn't make any replies. Yes, I wrote the post and didn't cut and paste anything that I know of. Anyway, everyone knows that conservative posters are much better at light humour than are the lefties, who all seem to be galloping along with the herd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

So, no interest in actually discussing anything then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

TomF wrote:
    everyone knows that conservative posters are much better at light humour than are the lefties, who all seem to be galloping along with the herd.

Yeah but if you want to be rolling in the aisles nothing beats a good outraged liberal, like Hicks or Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ionapaul wrote:
    You don't have a rep block thang going on, do ya reckless? I can't + rep you either :)

:D

No block, no. My spidey sense tells me you and mycroft both +repped me earlier in the week, methinks you need to spread it around first (ooh err missus ;) )

Advertisement