Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox-mozilla

• 07-11-2004 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Downloaded this browser but cant get it to recognize anything in history.My 0.S. is ME.Any solutions anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

you cant get it to recognise your previous internet browsing history? if so then i presume it was because you were using internet explorer before. firefox wont be able to copy over your previous browsing history, only things like bookmarks etc.

in firefox go to "help" and then "for internet explorer users", that might explain some stuff and help the transition

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Firfox uses its own history files not the ones in the windoes directories.

Perhaps you could give me information on waht you are trying to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Whoops.
    OK tried that-accessed via firefox then tried to view history and got message
    ALERT
    www.boards.ie could not be found.Please check the name and try again.

Get the feeling a box needs checking/unchecking somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Firefox 1.0PR and above has an import function when you run it for the first time off of a clean install that should allow you to specify importing your history, bookmarks and connection settings from IE.

Advertisement