Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

host.ie/register.ie

Options
  • 07-11-2004 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

AM having trouble getting into either and packets seem to be stopping at servecentric, can anyone else see it or are they offline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Not loading for me here. Going through JANET I think (UK educational network)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

host.ie doesn't work for me, but register.ie does. It looks like they are having issues on some of their own sites .. any customer site (e.g. kinahan.ie) I've tried works just fine.. as does more of their own websites (e.g. register.ie and servers.ie).

I can't help but feel that you wouldn't be so quick to point out the problem if it was your own network, or indeed, anyone other than Novara's network!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

cg, you have my assurances that I would make the post about any site/network I noticed down (and if it was our network, boards itself would be down ! :) ), and from an eircom dsl line, host.ie, register.ie, and a few more are still down, so they are probably doing work on their own sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

cgarvey wrote:
    I can't help but feel that you wouldn't be so quick to point out the problem if it was your own network, or indeed, anyone other than Novara's network!

Ah no. Let's be fair. He'd be very quick to point it out if it was anyone's network except his own.

Not to worry, they seem to have it fixed now...

• Advertisement

And as I said, if it was 365's network, this forum wouldnt be here to post on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭eoin@host.ie

you have my assurances that I would make the post about any site/network I noticed down

In the interests of evenhandedness you might bring to the forum's attention say 5 other such posts you have made about networks(apart from your own) being down in the past 6 months?

I can't help feeling that this is further evidence of a grudge on your part against our company.

Eoin

grudge? No, that was dealt with by our solicitors :) Glad to see you got it sorted in the end eoin :)

grudge? No,

Prove me wrong, post 5 other such posts you have made about networks(apart from your own) being down in the past 6 months?

Eoin

Eoin, yours is the only network I've noticed down in the last 6 months, maybe you should get a better one :) Anyway, we're not allowed fight in public, remember, why dont you phone me if you really need to chat that badly ;p

• Advertisement

I rest my case, I didn't think you could show evidence that this thread was not evidence of a personal grudge on your part against our company.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lads .. !!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ok, this is more than enough of this.

Not only was this reported to me multiple times over the weekend but also I have a reported PM which is in dubious taste.

Boards.ie is not your commercial battleground.

Business arguments have already gotten one board closed down and I'm not going to see yet another useful resource taken away from boards.ie members because a select few feel they are not bound by the rules.

This thread is locked and reported to the boards admins. I wll be recommending a "last chance" system to be put in place with permanent banning as a reward for any more corporate sniping.

Individually, you all contribute excellently to the boards community. Unfortunately , when put into the same "room" you seem to take turns in regressing to the level of 10 yr olds.

Sorry to tar you all with the same brush but almost everyone who has posted to this thread have been warned multiple times on previous occasions and the ONLY reported threads I get from this board always seem to contain posts from the same usernames.

Any comments, objections etc. feel free to PM or mail me. All feedback will be taken into account and passed on to the relevant admin.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No more warnings. Lolth, ban at will. Anyone banned by Lolth will be put on 2 week temp ban from the entire site. I dont want to see PM's like that again either thanks.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement