Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know a good e-novel?

Options
  • 20-07-2000 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I've decided to start downloading e-novels to read at work smile.gif

The problem is all I could find was one extremley crap one and several "one chapter in your email every week".

Anybody know where I can find some good free ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

try project gutenberg? http://www.gutenberg.net/

quote from their website:
    So you won't find the latest bestsellers or modern computer books here. You will find the classic books from the start of this century and previous centuries, from authors like Shakespeare, Poe, Dante, as well as well-loved favorites like the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the Tarzan and Mars books of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Alice's adventures in Wonderland as told by Lewis Carroll, and thousands of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

arrgghhh classics eek.gif have to wash me mind out with soap frown.gif

The last classic I read was Hard Times by Dahls Chickens. You wouldn't think you could have a 500 page book where nothing happens would you? I mean, she thinks about running off with the guy but she dosn't. She dosn't even shag him! 500 miserable bloody pages!

I did not like this book smile.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

A true classic IMHO would be Edgar Rice Burrough's "The Synthenic Men of Mars". A story of daring, adventure and industrial-grade vats. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

blitz - some of them are excellent.
    try reading anything by Jules Verne, or James Fennimore Cooper (Last of the Mohicans).They are wonderful books.
    I agree Hard Times was not the most entertaining, but as a general rule of thumb, anything on the Leaving Cert course is ****e.

Advertisement