Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT (ZyXEL 623R-T1) + webserver/external access

• 07-11-2004 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

I am using EsatBT, which comes with their ZyXEL router. I'm trying to set up external access to my pc, but nothing seems to be working.

I have a web server running on port 80, which can be seen when I go to 127.0.0.1:80, however if I go to 213.*.*.* (ie. my actual IP address), I get redirected to the ZyXEL login. I try :80 at the end and it does the same, it redirects to the login.

Next I tried a program I wanted to use which let me reotely manage an application on my pc. It's port was say 7777, I opened it up in the SUA option and tried accessing my pc from "myip":7777, but no joy. I get a connection refused error. Of course, I can access the program by going to 127.0.0.1:7777

Anyone have any idea to fix this, or past experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Have you actually tried it externally i.e. from another PC connected to the internet, independant of your setup? It's not clear from your description.

I don't use ZyXEL gear, but it's possible the router rejects attempted connections on the external interface from private subnets e.g. 192.168.x.x. This is good security.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Big P wrote:
    Hi,

I am using EsatBT, which comes with their ZyXEL router. I'm trying to set up external access to my pc, but nothing seems to be working.

I have a web server running on port 80, which can be seen when I go to 127.0.0.1:80, however if I go to 213.*.*.* (ie. my actual IP address), I get redirected to the ZyXEL login. I try :80 at the end and it does the same, it redirects to the login.

Next I tried a program I wanted to use which let me reotely manage an application on my pc. It's port was say 7777, I opened it up in the SUA option and tried accessing my pc from "myip":7777, but no joy. I get a connection refused error. Of course, I can access the program by going to 127.0.0.1:7777

Anyone have any idea to fix this, or past experience?

Thanks!

in on digiweb and got a zyxel prestige 680H-E1 4 port/ethernet switch
    youll have to go into the router web configurator and set up remote management for your access and then set up your firewall cos thats what must be blocking you, but be carefull when doing so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

A quick google search throws up http://www.dslwebserver.com/ which may be of some help... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Sorry i didnt reply sooner.

Big P the problem with that router is the forwarding of ports.
    It will not forward ports associated with itself to prevent you nt being able to access it locally.

If you wish to forward all ports to your machine then u need to use Bridge Setting. You currently use "Routing" .. So you need to change that to "Bridged".
    If you do this then you also need to create a Wan Miniport Connection on your machine to bridge the 2 devices (router and pc).

Any questions just ask.

Advertisement