Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek. Season 1, Episode 1: The Cage

Options
  • 07-11-2004 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

If you missed the episode here is a detailed Epsiode Guide Thanks to StarTrek.com

Was watching this episode there and i thought it was the funnies thing ever. its a great episode but the scence 9 mins and 1 second in is brillent
    Captain Pike: "I just cant get used to wommen on the bridge" and Enterpise is based before this episode. its brillent

Rate This Episode 10 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Good
    30%
    Goodshapethe_monkeyDude111 3 votes
    Ok
    50%
    User45701norrie ruggermusiknonstopKlingon Hamletprimavera85 5 votes
    Bad
    10%
    PeterIanStaker 1 vote
    You Wasted 103 Mins and 28 secs of My Life And I Want Them Back
    10%
    Ro: maaan! 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

it was the 60s what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It was ****. Let's be honest. Kinda funny to watch, but mainly just crap. Can't believe it got picked up based on that. This all came so close to not happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ok
    well i have to say i yohught it was a good episode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Actually, I thought it was a very good idea for an episode. The whole disfigured thing was cool. The acting and general script was dire. I'd like to see a remake of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    It was ****. Let's be honest. Kinda funny to watch, but mainly just crap. Can't believe it got picked up based on that. This all came so close to not happening...

This was an amazing episode!!! OK, so NBC thought it was 'too cerebral', but if half the Enterprise episodes were as good as this, the show wouldn't be in trouble!

Of course, this episode wound up being reused, albeit with a slightly altered ending in the two-part season one story, "The Menagerie" - Pike chose to stay with Vina, reconfigured by the Talosians, rather than the duplicate they made for her in this story. It works better the second way, because at that point Pike has been disfigured himself.

The women line is just a product of its time - thank God they managed to end up with Uhura - who had a double message to send out in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Good
    It was ONE OF THE BEST really....

Its interesting,THAT WAS THE ONLY SHOW WITH THAT CAPTAIN!!

It was quite good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Ok
    It has happened, the dead are rising

I am off to the Zombie Survival forum. If threads this old can rise from the dead, the zombies must be close behind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Good
    Not to fear. Quick slingshot around the sun, pick up enough speed, and we should get back to 2010 in one piece.

Old thread is old. The Cage still good though.

Advertisement