Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Diamond Age

Options
  • 23-07-2000 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Just finished this. To be honest, I didn't think it was half as good as Snow Crash and not a patch on Cryptonomicon.
    Haven't read any other of his books yet, anyone know what Zodiac is like?
    Also, I spotted Interface in the library and thought the cover looked a bit too familiar, then when I went home and read the preface to Diamond Age I find that Stephenson wrote it under the name Stephen Bury. Must get it out next time.

Karla

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

If Zodiac is the book I'm thinking of, based on the true story of a serial killer, than read it.

Very good, disturbing in the realisation that it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Yeah Diamond Age was a bit weak but I thought Zodiac was pretty good, not as good as Snow Crash or Cryptonomicon but still well worth picking up.

As for "The Zodiac Killer" thats a great book from what I can remember all about trying to track down this serial killer in the states.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Pretence:
    If Zodiac is the book I'm thinking of, based on the true story of a serial killer, than read it.
    Nope. It's about some do*** bateria released into the Bay that Boston is beside.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Zodiac: Cracking book.

Say hello to my little friend !!!

Advertisement