Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck in Far Cry

Options
  • 07-11-2004 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm making my way through Far Cry and have reached a point where I have to save Valerie. I've flooded a room and made my way through a ventilation shaft. I have come across Valerie in a slightly flooded room but either there is a bug or I'm missing something totally obvious, but how the **** are you supposed to save her ? She just stands there and does nothing.

TC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Bug alright. Fixed in v1.1, get yourself patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks Mr Pink. My saves won't get messed up if I upgrade ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yore saves will be fine :)

patch 1.3 is out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Does anyone know how you're supposed to get past the volcano crater towards the end?

There's too many rocket launcher dudes. Am I missing something, or am I supposed to fight my way through???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Zulu wrote:
    Does anyone know how you're supposed to get past the volcano crater towards the end?

There's too many rocket launcher dudes. Am I missing something, or am I supposed to fight my way through???

That's a tough bastid of a level..took me about 30 goes to get thru it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats a very hard spot! Headshots all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Zulu wrote:

It's bitch hard alright. Some might call it cheating, but I used a chair to keep the door jammed open so I could run back to the armoury to refill on rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

MrPinK wrote:
    It's bitch hard alright. Some might call it cheating, but I used a chair to keep the door jammed open so I could run back to the armoury to refill on rockets.

Didn't think of that....:Di just snipered the jumping ****ers and drew a few of them close and then head shoted at close range and then dodged like a ****er for the rest of them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cheers guys, but I was hoping for a "...oh, did you not find the tunnel entrance? You avoid all the feicers by going through the tunnel....." type solution ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i just sniped the fast jumping guys and then it was pretty easy to dodge the rocket launchers dudes and get into the elevator

Thanks dudes. Will download that when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i still haven't been able to kill your man at the end, hes a right bastid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

after you flood the room, you swim to the top, and drop out of the air vent.
    there is a rocket guy around the corner, any ideas how to get past him, i've been stuck for weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Zulu wrote:

*cheating bastid way*
    just hide in the alcove to the right as you enter the volcano. the rocket launcher dudes just walk up to the doorway and let you take pot shots at their arms

Damn it. I installed the latest patch and tried to rescue her again and the stupid cow just stands there and does nothing. I'll try a save from the beginning of the level but I doubt that'll make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

tman wrote:
    *cheating bastid way*
    just hide in the alcove to the right as you enter the volcano. the rocket launcher dudes just walk up to the doorway and let you take pot shots at their arms
    yeah thats what i did. I just stayed in the place where the doors r and just shot the big rocket guys from above with the minigun.

As for the guy at the end, i got him in like one shot. I just lashed a rocket in there and he was done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

tman wrote:
    *cheating bastid way*

Ssshhh!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

MiCr0 wrote:
    after you flood the room, you swim to the top, and drop out of the air vent.
    there is a rocket guy around the corner, any ideas how to get past him, i've been stuck for weeks

i saw my mate just run past him, took a few tries but it worked, failing that lean round the corner and one snipe to the head, then a few nades should sort him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

for that bit at the end just lure each guy in induvidually and 6 or 7 jackhammers to the head kills them then a bit a sniping of the jumping guys

Still tough enough though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement