Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes Music Store in Ireland

Options
  • 07-11-2004 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Just saw on apple's website that the itunes music store has been launched across a number of European countries - but Ireland ain't included on the list.

Has anyone got any info on this? Can't believe that it's been launched in places like Luxembourg, Finland and Austria (no disrespect to those countries intended) but surely the Irish market would be as lucrative? Is it a legal issue?

I find it even more of a pain when U2 are being used to promote the product (with a limited U2 ipod as part of the deal). Apparently there's going to be an exclusive U2 collection available for purchase on itunes too. I wonder if Bono and the boys are aware that it won't be for sale in thier own country? :rolleyes:

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

dont know how accurate this info is, but i heard somewhere that iTunes is coming to ireland in spring '05. as i said, dont know how true this is...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I remember reading a press release from Apple saying that one of the reason for the delay was that the lack of BB in Ireland would be a limiting factor in the success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

It was because an agreement could not be reached between Apple and IMRO.

There's a thread on the Mac forum here. Send IMRO an email expressing your annoyance.

Advertisement