Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Art of War...

Options
  • 12-08-2000 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

The local book Shop ( cleverly entitled 'Local book shop' ) does not have it. Waterstones and Easons in Cork do not have it. I am going to Dublin next week. Can I find it there?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Dunno.

Isnt that the book written by some oriental guy aaaaaaages ago?
    What was his name again :/
    I must read it sometime.
    Any good do any of ye know?
    intresting like?

I think im still a little drunk from last nite :/

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 12-08-2000).]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I believe I got my copy in Vibes and Scribes Cork, though that was a while ago. It is an insightful book, and very handy for playing C&C etc.
    Another good book in that area would be 'Art of War in the Western World' by Archer Jones or anything by John Keegan, esp. '6 armies in Normandy' or 'A history of warfare'. Grim but good reading.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I have a PDF version of it somewhere - I'll have a quick look and mail it to you if you like.

Draco

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I acutally saw a copy in Waterstones in Cork one day, on a day when I barely had enough money for the bus home frown.gif

Strikes me as common sense tho : "If you can discern the enemy's shape while appearing to remain formless yourself....."

So get a satelite photo of 'is positions and kill all his scouts. Worked against Sodamn Insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

http://promo.net/cgi-promo/pg/t9.cgi?entry=132&full=yes&ftpsite=ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/

Project guttenberg version of the book.

If that url doesn't work (might be a bit complex for ubb to do it's magic on) just do a search for The Art of War on the home page.
    http://promo.net/pg/

Basically, it's a plain ascii electronic text version of the book. If you have a palm pilot, or a well stocked laser printer in work it's yours to read on the bus etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Interesting book, the single reason I was so l33+ at C&C. Well that and about 300 tanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Cheers lads. Well trawled wink.gif

Advertisement