Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on Moped/Insurance

Options
  • 07-11-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I have no clue about bikes or bike insurance. Wheres the best/cheapest place to buy a new moped? In the dublin area. I was looking at an Aprilla SR50, but don't know a whole lot about them, just looking for something in a similar style. I'm not looking for anything mad fast, i only want it to get me 10mins up the road to the train station/to work.

I'm 17, live in Dub 15 and have Provisional License, 1800 for insurance sound about right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

aprila rs50 is a pretty decent moped but you could prolly get cheaper insurance,id say about 200 or 300 cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

where wud be the best place to buy one, they're around 2250 brand new, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i have a honda x8rs , id highly recommend em , there dead reliable this is my third one , crashed one and got one robbed i didnt get 3 just because the other 2 were rubbish or anything.there 2500 new , but there very reliable , lot quicker to go than the suzuki i had too once you get your restrictors out.
    yea insurance is bolix though since i think hibernian are the only crowd that`l touch motorbikes under 25 years of age drivers , im driving with a 50% no claims bonus and my last fully comp quote was for 800 or something mad like that , i only have 3rd party meself , but belief me put 50e aside and get urself a good hefty lock and chain , you would`nt believe how many peds get lifted everyday , its insane.
    if your still looking in january my baby`l be up for sale , hoping to get a car , too many peds getn lifted in waterford at the minute , freaking me out if i got one robbed again id go bizzerk.
    you said 1800 for insurance , what kinda cover you getting for that?
    i think mines about 380 for third party

1800 is third party!! :(

Wheres the best place to go looking at them??

seriously 1800 third party only??
    for definite thats the quote you were given>?that is absolutely insane ,
    Im in waterford so i dont have a clue about dublin , but if your buying a brand new one anyway the prices should be all in around the same , ring around go through the yello pages and make sure you get em to throw in some two stroke and a decent pair of gloves , if your really jammie try get some sort a deal with a helmet too
    just cant beleve the insurance is 1800 third party , it is just a 50cc your after right?

• Advertisement

yeah, thats 3rd party, on an Aprilla SR50

just had a quick look on the hiberniqn site there , kilkeeny is 1000e cheaper than dublin , im kilkenny so thats why i was shocked at yous , flips sake , thats bad boy.

Advertisement