Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spanish shops

Options
  • 07-11-2004 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

does anybody know any spanish shops in the city? i cant find any anywhere. i'll love you forever if you can tell me any

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

There is the place in the Epicurean Food Hall in Abbey Street - they sell Spanish foods. I don't know what it is called, but the whole place is not that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

Last time I looked - admittedly about a year ago - that place in the Epicurean Food Hall had closed down, which was a pity as they did some lovely stuff. Has it since reopened?

If it hasn't there are some places around town where you might be able to get what you're looking for, depending on what it is. For example, there's a place on the street (whose name I don't know) which runs parallel to Grafton Street on the Georges St side which sells olives stuffed with anchovies, albeit not cheaply. (Go up Grafton St, take a right for Tower Records and take the next left. It's up there a bit).

If you want stuff like jamon serrano, they'll have that in Tesco in the Jervis Centre. I can't remember whether they have chorizo there or not.

If you're still stuck email these people: cendub@cervantes.es. They run the Spanish cultural Instituto Cervantes on Northumberland Rd. They might be able to help you out.

Que tengas suerte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭captainplanet

thanks i'll check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jamax

It would be great to have an Spanish shop here. I don't understand why in every place chinese, russians, indian, caribbean etc all of them have shops with their products but we don't have any.

I think it would be a good business as Spanish products are great quality. And it could be settled a Spanish butcher and fishmonger. Here in Ireland there is good meat, pork, lamb and beef but it seems they don't use all the parts, they only have bacon, mince, steaks, thick chop lamps, chop legs and bit more. It seems all the other good parts are gone to mince.

It would be fantastic to have an Spanish butcher who buys a whole beef or pork and lambs and cut them well so that we have available all the different parts.

The same with the fish, here they seem to only have few kinds of fish and they are presented always in fillets. And I don't understand why you have to go to Howth to buy fresh fish. Why can't they just open a fishmongers in dublin? They can bring the fresh fish every morning without trouble.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

newgrange wrote:
    There is the place in the Epicurean Food Hall in Abbey Street - they sell Spanish foods. I don't know what it is called, but the whole place is not that big.

that closed down ages ago :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubadub

I'd prefer the Basque Store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sergio7

Is there a Basque shop in Dublin? Where is it guys? Do you know if they have idiazabal cheese? I recently knew of an online shop in Ireland that looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

There's a new Spanish tapas place in the Epicurean. They don't seem to push grocery sales but there's no harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I would definitely shop there if they sold Licor 43 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

There´s a Spanish-Brazilian food shop on liffey street across from The Lotts Cafe Bar. The shop used to be the Safari Crafts shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Theres a new Spanish shop open in Donnybrook

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sdm

This is in Cork, online deliveries https://www.heartofspain.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

sdm wrote: »
    This is in Cork, online deliveries https://www.heartofspain.ie

Cheers...from 8 years ago. In the Dublin forum.

Advertisement