Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aurora Alert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Auroral storm in progress as of 23:22pm, keeps those eyes open! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloudy here too.

Mike.

This storm looks to be better than last years one, but once again, ruined be cloud. another astronomical event to add to the list, and in this country, its a bloody big list.

I officaly hate clouds as of now.

:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

waterford was cloudy as . . ahem . . ah well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Midlands cloudy and misty all night...

:rolleyes:

Seanie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, cloudy as ever. There is however more aurorae expected this week. There is high pressure around, but at this time of year that doesn't always mean clear skies and a few fronts are expected to cross us too, but we may get a glimpse at some stage during the week. We have the Leonids starting soon too. Let's hope we get a chance at seeing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭djmike

hey , cloudy here in dublin but with 50% chance of partial clearing by tonight.

lets keep hoping...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Coconut

Is there anyway to check how visible it is? Or what the best time to look for it would be? Any log of activity in Ireland? Couldn't find any on astronomyireland website.
    They're kind of silly questions really, aren't they... Just that I can't spend too long out there this week. I suppose just wait for a cloud break and head out for as long as possible. If I knew that they were predicted to be stronger another night I'd go then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Coconut

Clearly an enthusiast! I'll check those out, thanks. Guess I'll have to brush up.

Any luck with sitings where you are? Cloud cover doesn't seem too thick where I am in north Dublin, but probably just thick enough, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Clear skies alert!

Mike.

Shock!, horror!

Maybe we will see tonights storm? who knows........shhhhhhshhhh ;)

guess not, looked good but now clouded over AGAIN.

Auroral storm in progress as of 8pm, if you have a clear view to the north and east go outside and look now, cloudy here in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

It's raining here in Dunlaoghaire now :( Hopefully we might get a clear spell later on in the week.

Clear as a bell down here but nothing to see! :(

Mike.

The interplanetary magnetic field has switched to the north which means its suppressing the aurora, we need it to point south, which is a shame really since it is still a strong storm, and its still cloudy. :rolleyes: you never know.....

Advertisement