Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good, cheap lunch in Cork on Sundays...

Options
  • 07-11-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions? By cheap, I mean less than E10.

Places like Tribes and Café Gusto are closed on Sunday and Fellini's (and Oz as well, I believe) have raised their prices quite a bit in recent times. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Try The Wilton Bar.. lovely food. In town.. I'm not really sure.. I remember wandering looking for places a lot on Sundays, but know that tried Amicus and was disappointed a few times.. the Newport is nice enough.. on Paul St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Try the Supper Rooms on North Main street. They do nice grub and cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was in the Supper Rooms yesterday for lunch. Not bad, and good value.

I like Amicus myself for a lunch, if you can get a seat in there. It's often busy.

This Sunday, I had Indian lunch for E15.95, all you can eat, at the Indian in Douglas, near the cinema, where Harry Ramsdens used to be

Of course there is always Breast In A Bun from Hillbillys! Cheap and cheerful.

Was in Le Cheile yesterday evening...Got a Toasted Sandwich meal for €6.50.
    Toasted Chicken sandwich, nice side salad and wedges. Filled me up. And it looked a bit healthier than Supermac's across the road!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

mick_irl wrote:

And utterly disgusting unless you've had several pints of the black stuff, in my experience....plus they cause the Silent Farts Of Doom the next day, which tends to make you unpopular.

Didn't realise Le Cheile did food though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Fysh wrote:
    And utterly disgusting unless you've had several pints of the black stuff, in my experience....plus they cause the Silent Farts Of Doom the next day, which tends to make you unpopular.

Didn't realise Le Cheile did food though...
    Le Cheile's food is fab and really reasonable too. The toasted sandwich meals are the best.. defo won't be leaving hungry!!! go for a smoothie then if you want a treat.. yummie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Amicus is great.

Banna Thai is yummy and very cheap.

Il Padrino's is quite reasonable and quite a nice little Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Myself and bird went for sunday lunch dother day. lannigans steak house in the quality hotel. savage munch all 2geder. 3 course meal €16.50 before 7 any day of the week includng sunday. Food was very nice. Staff not so nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evenllydelish

hi can you please let me know where is le cheiles? is it big enough for around 100 people?is it a bar,can you dance? do they have private room?thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

a nice Doner kebab from abakebabra? don't eat too many of em though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

hi can you please let me know where is le cheiles? is it big enough for around 100 people?is it a bar,can you dance? do they have private room?thanks.

Le Cheile is now shut down AFAIK.

(Apologies to new owners if it has re-opened)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Silver quay in ballinlough is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcelligott

Yup, 'Le Cheile' is gone.
    The premises remains but its now a Polish themed bar afaik.

That place is gone too! Was a Polish vodka bar - up for sale at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

How about the Liberty Grill on washington street.
    not sure is it open on sunday..
    the wholy grain across the way for a savage sandwich ftw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

mick_irl wrote: »

+1

Original mean deal option 1, €7.50, what a munch......

Advertisement