Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Silence of the Lambs

Options
  • 21-08-2000 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Unlike everyone else on the planet I never saw this movie and am currently reading the book.

And highly enjoyable it is too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

book is excellent
    so is red dragon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

reading hannibal having read those two. jeepers that is just about the best trilogy i have ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

post back when u finish reading hannibel
    or look up my review from last year wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The book "Hannibal" sucks goats cheese.

It did get intresting but the ending was absolute kack and I got the impression the people from Silence of the lambs were just put into the book to sell it (eg. Sammy).

Of the three Red Dragon is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Originally posted by Hobbes:
    The book "Hannibal" sucks goats cheese.

It did get intresting but the ending was absolute kack and I got the impression the people from Silence of the lambs were just put into the book to sell it (eg. Sammy).

Of the three Red Dragon is the best.

Have to agree .... Red Dragon was by far the BEST book !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

in my entire life i think ive never read a book that was absolute crap. Something in it would redeem it somehow. All that changed when i read the gangrenous bollokks that is Hannibal. Red Dragon, on the other hand, is absolutely goddamn brilliant.

Say hello to my little friend !!!

finished it this morning. the ending, is so supreme. it just finishes hannibal. it makes him complete. and starling is just... ahhhhh! i've gone all word-store-less in the face of it substance. drohelhyde (sp?) was brilliantly rendered, i'll give you that, but the verger siblings and krendler...
    grrr! "grrr!" "ahhh!" and "...", well this has been Kevin's elequont book review for this week. thanks for your time and remember folks, always trust my elequont opinions! smile.gif

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mhmmmmm, I liked Hannibal quite a lot. Very well written - I really like Harris' turn of phrase - and it kept moving at a good pace, as well as being nicely unpredictable. Some of the imagery in it was both disturbed and fascinating... The, ah, talkative dinner dish in particualar smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

F uck that. Compare the Vergers to Dolarhyde from Red Dragon. Incredibly scary portrait of a complete loon, to cartoonish rubbish about a complete loon with no face, Harris can write well, no doubt, by my God, was i dissappointed by Hannibal.

Say hello to my little friend !!!

the multimedia writing style trips inside the memory palace are just superb. i love these books.

• Advertisement
Advertisement