Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bands you think people should listen to

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Disco J wrote:
    Nightwish

They took Metallica S&M and maid it better,

huh???

anyway listen to GWAR everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Shins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Disco J wrote:
    it's like Riverdance and Iorn Maiden had a love child.

*Shudder*

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's only recently I discovered the sounds of Sonata Arctica, Turisas and Nightwish.

Highly recommended! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Andrew WK - Give him a chance, you wont regret it.

Rancid - if you dont already have one, buy a cd this minute

NOFX - needless to say?

The Vandals - play here this month - see you there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Andrew WK - Give him a chance, you wont regret it.

all his songs sound the same, and thats what makes him great he doesnt mess with perfection

get Winterheart's Guild by sonata Arctica in my opinion, its fairly new but its excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Every metal band in the universe (or at least in my collection) has already been mentioned so how about some Hot hot heat or low-fi moderate rock in the form of Bloc Party and everyone should have at least a working knowledge of Nine Inch Nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

FAILURE
    Most underrated band ever.

Autolux
    And you will know us by the trail of dead
    Sigur ros
    Suicidal tendencies
    Type o negative
    The melvins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good call on Sikth Reno - had a pint with one of their guitar players after their funking nuts gig with Akercoke (who were poor in this metallers opinion) in TBMC a while ago - sound bloke, mental gig!

Might I also add:
    Converge
    Norma Jean
    Opeth
    Machine Head
    Death

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

Muse.
    Muse.
    Muse.
    Oh and erm, muse are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Breadwinner
    Nomeansno
    Blind Idiot God

...all criminally underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Corrosion of Conformity

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Corrosion of Conformity

Yes indeed, great band. 'Eye for an Eye' is a superb record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

mp3guy wrote:
    What my sig says...

Hell Yes! Also Frank Zappa, Ohm, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Testament, John McLaughlin, Judas Priest, Preston Reed, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Velvet Revolver

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

Have I mentioned how brilliant Muse are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spunky

Tsunami Bomb
    Flogging Molly
    Flying Blin

Spunkayz thoughts.xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jamie90

Red hot chilli peppers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

If your a cynic fan. Then I highly recommend AGHORA.

You can buy there album from here for about 12 yoyo's including shipping.

These guys produce this album on there own. So I urge you not to copy it or download it. Buy it. You can here samples at there site. www.aghora.org

It features the drummer and bassist from cynic. Sean Reinert and Sean Malone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

jamie90 wrote:
    Red hot chilli peppers :cool:

It's argue-able that there's not a soul out there who hasn't heard the downright over-played, over-rated Chillies, so why bring them up at all?

.....Errr because there a great band, better than the bands you came up with maybe, everyone has there own opinion and i disagree with you - Over rated my ... Beee hind if they wernt any good they wouldnt still be going you just have to look at how many albums they sold too know how good they really are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

jamie90 wrote:
    if they wernt any good they wouldnt still be going you just have to look at how many albums they sold too know how good they really are

*Cough*Westlife*Cough*

jamie90 wrote:
    .....Errr because there a great band, better than the bands you came up with maybe, everyone has there own opinion and i disagree with you - Over rated my ... Beee hind if they wernt any good they wouldnt still be going you just have to look at how many albums they sold too know how good they really are

It is in my estimation that this thread was started with the notion of introducing people to bands that they mightn't have otherwise know of, or have heard in everyday media circles.

As such, opinion simply doesn't come into it. The Red Hot Chillie Peppers could very well be the greatest band on the planet, and my point would still stand. Everyone has heard the chillies, so it's a moot point bringing them up.

As for a band only being as good as how well they sell, the current number 1 selling item on amazon.co.uk as far as music goes is Robbie Williams - Greatest Hits, so by your own standards, you must concede that Robbie Williams is the best.

...and I'm damn well not going to converse with anyone who thinks that Robbie Williams is the best.

haha your an irish person

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

hahaha. You're English and you can't write a sentence properly in your own language. Skills please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

It's argue-able that there's not a soul out there who hasn't heard the downright over-played, over-rated Chillies, so why bring them up at all?

If I could stab you in the eye I would. Big time. Why bring up Slóófklapada Von Death* at all when nobody in their right mind would even dream up of the name nor most likely be able to find the bleedin' artist in a record shop? Your elitism really get me sometimes.

It's a thread about what bands you'd recommend to somebody who may not have heard them. Fair enough, I can't think of many people who haven't heard the Chillies, but so what?
    jamie90 wrote:
    haha your an irish person

and you're a ****in idiot.

So as not to go off topic, I suggest people listen to Prince and Elvis more.

*possibly not a real band, but they might be. Karl will let me know if they aren't

Dr. Loon wrote:
    If I could stab you in the eye I would.

I love you too, honey. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I know you do. I was in a terribly bad mood earlier. Grak grak.

Jesus that was a fast reply! :eek:
    Are you stalking me!?!?

Oh, and it's pronounced Schlúfklapada Von Death, but I don't really recommend them, they're not great. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Project 86
    3rd strike
    Dead poetic
    Killswitch engage
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Breed 77
    Ill Nino
    Jimmy Eat World
    Within Temptation
    12 Stones
    Brand New

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Cruachan(brilliant ****ing metal band)
    Pogues(sure most have heard of them but there is a lot more to them than fairytale of new york)

Advertisement