Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keeping an english reg to sell...

Options
  • 08-11-2004 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just imported a car, the reg on it is wanted by a guy in Uk, my question is, when I register the car here, am I still the owner of the uk reg, and can I transfer it to the guy who wants it. Does anyone know the procedure? Or does it go that the uk reg is 'scrapped' when the car is registered here?, Thanks,
    Kersh.,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That's an interesting question. I'd guess you still own the registration. You'd have to look up the DVLA website in the UK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I rang dvla, they said I had to put the reg on retention. But they wont post those forms to a foreign address, so I have to see. If I put it on retention, does that affect my registering it here? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I too often wondered what the situation would be regarding selling a UK reg over here.

I somehow suspect that you will need a UK (or N.I !) address to take the matter any further ........ let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Just thought.........

If the seller of the car in the UK has sent the paperwork to the dvla (and it was listed by him/her as 'exported') the reg may have been cancelled or put on their own For Sale register.

Advertisement