Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

06/11...finally a win (of sorts!)

Options
  • 08-11-2004 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Well I finally managed a win. Did a split with Killian in the Omaha/Holdem game of Saturday night. Once again Marq comes to the rescue with some lovely cards at some lovely times. Like when I was all in, Omaha hand against Paddy, 2nd last table, low on chips. Saw AA47. A4 h, and A7o. Went with my AA anyway. Two callers. Flop comes 447. Glorious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Well I finally managed a win. Did a split with Killian in the Omaha/Holdem game of Saturday night. Once again Marq comes to the rescue with some lovely cards at some lovely times. Like when I was all in, Omaha hand against Paddy, 2nd last table, low on chips. Saw AA47. A4 h, and A7o. Went with my AA anyway. Two callers. Flop comes 447. Glorious.

Well done fella. We were just talking about wins earlier that evening, spooky. Congrats. More to come hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Yup. Cheers BigD. You seem to be floating in or about final tables quite a lot lately - long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Aye, well done DW, I thought Anto would walk it after he knocked me out in eigth, he had a monster stack at that stage. Well played to get a win! :D

I think Anto was the chap who went out in 3rd. Can't be sure of his name, but I think he was two seats or so to your left. Is he a boardster? He lost a few chips to me in an Omaha hand - called hoping for a heart, knowing he was behind to my str8. Luckily it didn't fall and I doubled thru. Killian then took him out in a hand I can't even remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

That was him alright. He announced he was behind and gambling when he called my all in. He was well behind. And hit his two pair :confused: He played well all night though, ran the show in the omaha rounds at table 2 early on.

• Advertisement

Yeah he certainly played well on the final table. He brought a fine amount of chips to it! He was just kinda worn down I think really, couple of times I took little bits of his stack, but in the end himself and Killian went toe to toe with roughly even stacks, Killian had him covered but I'm not sure with how much to spare and hit his straight to knock him out.

Advertisement