Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Edenderry?

• 08-11-2004 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of moving there as the houses are cheap. So anyone live in Edenderry co. Offaly? If so is there any sort of broadband available??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Yep Saruman BB is available in Edenderry last 2 months now. Both IOL and Eircom is offering through phone. Also Lastmile offering wireless but last I checked with them they only had bussiness offer which was around 60 yoyos. Me happy with IOL :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cool im sold.. 187k for massive 3 bedroom house there :D Thats over 100k cheaper than 2 bed tiny shack in dublin. I will just have to drive 38 miles to work every day.. and then back again of course.... timed it at 40 mins yesterday with no traffic so add another 30 to 45 mins to that...ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Well done Saruman. I do 50 miles and back (100 total), I know sounds mad but not that bad and but I love there :D
    depends where you are going it can take between 60 to 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

I can confirm halkar's comments, just got my IOL stuff today :D:D:D . Best of luck Saruman, I am an Dub living there too. Its very different to home - its nigh on impossible to get anything done sometimes but on the upside mortgage/pints etc (3 euro) are cheap and its a lot more peaceful than the city - no fireworks from mid-September, kids using your car as a goal etc. unlike where I come from. The drive is murder tho, get a diesel if you have the spare cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

Edenderry's a kip. Lived there for 25 years. If you'd any sense you stay in Dublin. There's nothing to do in the kip only drink and take drugs!!!

It's full of scum too, houses maybe cheaper...but that's about it dude!!

BE WARNED!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement