Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV3 & H&L+1 No sat received

• 08-11-2004 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Guys,

ON channel 119 and 135 I'm getting a message no satellite signal received. Anyone know the reason for this? I have my system just under a year now and its setup using a quad LNB. All other channels are fine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

You Could try a System Reboot. (switch off, unplug, hold down backup
    button(on box not remote) plug in (still holding backup button) wait for
    box to light up.) after box has rebooted leave for 2 mins then power on

this works for me. hope it helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

I tried this but no joy any other ideas. Has anyone experienced this?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

jasgrif11 wrote:
    Guys,

ON channel 119 and 135 I'm getting a message no satellite signal received. Anyone know the reason for this? I have my system just under a year now and its setup using a quad LNB. All other channels are fine

If you know someone with $ky close by could you plug the box in with them and see what you get.

Let us know and we can take it from there, it might be an LNB fault or the dish might be a little off ie a little tweak needed to maximise the signal.

AFAIK Those channels are on Astra 2D which is the weakest of the Astra 2 satellites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

Ok Guys, I have replaced the DISH and Quad LNB. I bought the QUAD from Tony bout a year ago but the low band channels appeared to be dropping of it.. I now have ITV2 and ITV3 with my FTV card but on my regular sub card Home and Leisure +1 is missing. I have tried a software update since the change of dish and LNB but nothing..... Before the Change ITV2 & ITV3 had No sat signal being Received...

Any other IDeas...... Do I need to contact SKY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

jasgrif11 wrote:
    Ok Guys, I have replaced the DISH and Quad LNB. I bought the QUAD from Tony bout a year ago but the low band channels appeared to be dropping of it.. I now have ITV2 and ITV3 with my FTV card but on my regular sub card Home and Leisure +1 is missing. I have tried a software update since the change of dish and LNB but nothing..... Before the Change ITV2 & ITV3 had No sat signal being Received...

Any other IDeas...... Do I need to contact SKY?

Is it possible to try a different cable from the same port on the quad ,or swap existing cable to another port this will help you to nail down where the problem is occuring. Contacting sky will not help you i'm afraid

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement