Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed Insulation & Soundproofing

Options
  • 08-11-2004 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey, gettin a shed in the next week or two for recording purposes. I'm gonna need to insulate it and soundproof it too. Anyone know of any places I can get a decent price for the stuff. And what would be the best type of insulation to buy?

Cheers
    Fusion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

rockwool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The most important thing is to seal all the gaps, including gaps around windows, doors, etc. Stuff doesn't cost much, but it takes a lot of time to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi Fusion251
    "decent price"

When deciding on internal finish, consider using sheet material called " Plastic Foam". Far cheaper than any timber / reconstituted board. It comes in different (basic) colours and different thickness. It's used by signmakers as backing board and it is rediculuously , repeat rediculuously, cheap. Maintainance free...damp cloth.
    Can get more info if required.
    Regards
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Fusion251 wrote:
    Hey, gettin a shed in the next week or two for recording purposes. I'm gonna need to insulate it and soundproof it too. Anyone know of any places I can get a decent price for the stuff. And what would be the best type of insulation to buy?

Cheers
    Fusion

Sorry to go off topic, but Fusion, where are you getting the shed, how big and how much if you don't mind me asking? I intend to do this myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭qazxsw

"plastic foam" a trade name - a search on google (irish sites only) shows up nothing much ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

qazxsw wrote:
    "plastic foam" a trade name - a search on google (irish sites only) shows up nothing much ??

Yep "plastic foam" is what our guys call it, As I say it is used as one type of backing board for the cheaper end of sign making. Basic colours and thickness varies from a couple of mm upward. It can be cut with stanley knife using straight edge. Sheets are ,I think , 8 ft x 4 ft, and its only a few eoro a sheet, depending on thickness.
    Our guys deal with two places mainly, I only know the name of one and I bet its the wrong one lol CAFCO on the north side of city.
    I can get all the info you want and get any specific questions answeres...Just let me know...

t

Advertisement