Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drunk at work....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

KlodaX wrote:
    Im severly beginning to relise this. wheres your head at? I can't remember how I got to work. just had food... I think I may die in an hour or two. everything is blury. apparently I went mental last night.. gettin some weird texts. I dislike this. I want a hug. and to be sober. and not at work.

sleep would be good. :confused:

{{{{{VIRTUAL HUG}}}}}}

From a total stranger & all - lmao - now your day is complete..... a jedi you now are.... lmao

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Trigger! wrote:
    Been there before many times!....not really sure what you can do, keep drinking the coffee!Just gotta accept the fact your gonna look like a mess till the afternoon anyways!
    does that mean your drunk today????? :eek: :p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

does that mean your drunk today????? :eek: :p:p:p:p

Contrary to popular opinion im not drunk all the time! :p ......though today is a day i wish i was!Im getting bored!

KlodaX wrote:
    Im severly beginning to relise this. wheres your head at? I can't remember how I got to work. just had food... I think I may die in an hour or two. everything is blury. apparently I went mental last night.. gettin some weird texts. I dislike this. I want a hug. and to be sober. and not at work.

aw babe i feel your pain though i am not drunk nor hung over i am very very sick and got nasty tummy
    i want to sleep too

Trigger! wrote:
    Contrary to popular opinion im not drunk all the time! :p ......though today is a day i wish i was!Im getting bored!

least u dnt gotta do reception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Very true!......Gawd it would be great being locked and doing reception!HAHA :D

KlodaX wrote:

Oh yes, my favourite conundrum... What you do is, you tell your friends that you have been feeling a bit weird recently up there (in your head) so you went to the doctor who advised you should have a psychiatric exam. You went to have the exam, and were diagnosed a borderline scizophrenic which will require medication for life. So shocked, you thought a drink would do you the world of good. You met/arranged to meet your friends cos you felt really lonely. But the night turned out to be so good you didn't want anyone to know so you kept it hidden until (insert your own name here for your other inner half) made an appearance.

Saying this will garner sympathy and forgiveness from friends. And they need never know the truth for AT LEAST 6 months.

I'd also invent the dreaded "winter vomiting bug" and tell your boss your coming down with it and leave, snuggle up under a duvet and watch Rainbow or some other generic childrens TV at home.

Hope this helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

seamus wrote:
    A girl I know did some work experience in a hospital for 6 months. Said that on Monday mornings, you'd find some of the junior doctors hooked up to a drip, to rehydrate themselves after a night out. "You can't have doctors with fuzzy heads" she said, seemingly oblivious to the obvious solution to not having a sore head when you're supposed to be doctoring the next day.

Anyone's who's prepared to be hooked up to a drip the next day for the sake of their "habit" has to be an alcoholic. I mean needles, argghhhhh. Do their veins not get ****ed from being put on a drip weekly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

pity me. I'm stupid.

still not too bad... residue of absent is making me giddy. not getting much work done. I can only imagion how much pain I will be in later. But that is later. For now I'm figity and ignorance is bliss. Beginning to get the shakes abit. Thankfully my job isn't really important.

Brain surgen. What could go wrong?

Virtual hug very appriciated. Really need a real one though. Might get rid of the shakes. :(

• Advertisement

Good - day is moving quickly
    Bad - can hardly bear to open my eyes and got the shakes

ha ha ... I love watching other people be drunk at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

This absinthe/absynthe drink, it intrigues me, where can u get it and at what cost..
    As for drunk at work, ive only a crappy job so it doesnt matter, even when the boss sorta gathers it... *Arrive late for work* "Howya brian.." "Hi, sorry for being late i was just uh. sorry for being late" "no problem gluck" ..

ps. my job rules. Anyway off out now soon so.. hence this absinthe drink, however might put a ban on all spirits.

Drink cures.. Glass of milk before you set out, does wonders. As does ordering a pint of water every couple of pints in the bar. And having a bottle of water by ur bed for when u wake up at night parching (it happens...). Otherwise just whats mentioned above..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Absinth it great... I'm not sure if you can get it in Ireland, but it's in tescos in the uk and it's about £30 a bottle.

John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mear, there is a thread on the food/drink board about buying absinthe in dublin.. I linked to a website where you can buy it, seems to be a good brand too.. though I haven't had it myself.

I don't drink alcohol any more, but I'm still pondering getting one of the "beautiful" bottles. (actual name)

http://www.seborabsinth.com/images/shop/products/150clbottle.jpg

drool worthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Mordeth wrote:

I don't drink alcohol any more, but I'm still pondering getting one of the "beautiful" bottles. (actual name)

http://www.seborabsinth.com/images/shop/products/150clbottle.jpg

drool worthy

looks like a cheap cologne ;P Actually seen a bottle like that, seriously thinking of an aftershave. cheers anyway. im happy with my kick ass drink scheme though, cools light (which im currently drinking) or rolling rock.. No hangover baby! EVER for me. ever.. unless i somehow am confronted and overcome by vodka, the lads usually say "Cya brian" when that happens. wan*ers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement