Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT dire customer care

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

They are introducing Online Billing for their Flat Rate customers (at least) at the moment. My ma will now be able to print out her invoices , she got a letter from them yesterday.

A small step in the right direction Bill.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

shoegirl wrote:
    Now has anybody actually made a complaint to Comreg about Esat and how did you get on?

After I made an FOI request to ComReg I got the following back from them.
    In relation to consumer complaints which fall within our powers, ComReg
    acts as an arbitrator between the consumer and operator and requests the
    operator to re-examine the consumer's complaint in light of any relevant
    regulatory obligations.

Consumer complaints of this nature do not result in formal findings being made against operators.

So, there you have it folks. No formal complaints process really for consumers. But there's one of Esat complain about UTV etc.

Shoegirl, I suggest that you make a complaint via ComReg and document it all and then publish it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

shoegirl wrote:
    Then I realised that the missing amount added up to the signup fee (€90), one months subscription (39.99) plus the referal fee for the unauthorised overdraft (4.44). However this will have nasty implications for me since I bank with NIB's Freebank, which means I lose free banking for the whole quarter - which means I can now be surchanged up to another 20 euro.

"Enjoy the speed and convenience of broadband in the comfort of your home for 3 months ABSOLUTELY FREE and with ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION!

If during your 3 month free trial you decide not to continue with broadband - simply let us know in writing. There are no hidden costs or catches - your 3 months trial really is completely free!"
    I thought that the free trial was completely free, as in no connection fee either.

If this is the case then they took money from your account without your authorisation, and that's fraud. Report them to the bank, say the direct debit was not authorised and see if they will do something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ciarraioch

Greetings all.

I've had untold trouble with EsatBT arising from a NetSmart disk that immediately slowed down the operation of my computer once installed and caused frequent freezing of my machine both on internet and off, requiring hard re-boot each time. I uninstalled but it took me several weeks more to get the computer to stop freezing. I downloaded everything I could from Microsoft and ultimately that seemed to bring it right. I had McAfee anti-virus updating at all times and I checked the disk for virus but negative. Esat did not want to know - no way baby - and maybe with good reason if there were dozens of similar disks issued by them. Anyone with similar experiences ?
    Thanks.
    Brian

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think you guys are forgetting about UTV's "dire customer care"

- Sully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

What's the longest anyone's been on hold to Esat/BT customer care? I'm just clocking 1.75 hours. Considering I asked them to cancel my broadband last November and it's still active and I'm being charged for it, I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

I give up after 3 hours. That's ridiculous. Also tried their online support thing which is pretty cool. Had an immediate response which amounted to the fact that they don't handle queries regarding account/bill details. Useless.

I've employed the use of their queue-buster callback thing. I have no/little faith in it even though I've never used it before. Can anybody comment on whether or not it works?

Also, what's the email of that very important Esat/BT person who has helped people out in the past with account problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've used queue buster on Esat BTs helpline a couple of times and it always worked. In fact, the last time I had barely put down the phone when a guy called me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

I also had an experiance with ESAT, not as bad as other posters but a little bit confusing all the same. I got a letter not to long ago telling me my line and phone bill was being changed to esat in the next coming weeks and it welcomed me to esat. You might say so what?! Well the thing was i never contacted esat to get them to change my line and billing to them! :confused:

I got in touch with esat and they told me i must have ordered the change, but as i explained i had not!! Now maybe esat could be better value than eircom but i never asked to change.

Is it a marketing ploy of esat to target all customers like this in the hope they will confirm they would like to change??

Has anyone been talking to Esat/BT customer care today (Friday 4th)? I originally rang at 10:20 this morning, gave up a 1:20 request a callback and nothing yet which infers a wait time of at least 7 hours.

• Advertisement

Well I mailed customer care and cc'ed the Bill Murphy man. BM replied even faster than the automated response! So fair play to him on that.

Rang back up at 4.05pm and gave up at 5pm. Requested ringback to my mobile which eventually arrived at 7pm ... but I missed it :)

Trying again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Weirdness of Esat's billing system continues to baffle me.

During the week I got a bill - for €0.00!
    It says I subscribe to "home phone". Actually, I don't. I'm with Euphony (and get billed correctly by them). I'm currently on the BB trial (sadly soon to come to an end) and like the service so fingers crossed they surely cannot mess up a regular bimonthly payment (surely???)

To bring my saga to a close, good old Bill Murphy came up trumps and I'm now broadband-less three months after I asked for the account to be cancelled. I'm being refunded charges made since 30th Dec when the account should have been de-activated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Poor Bill.

He is a great guy but he should not HAVE to be .

Well if it's any consolation I was told that they are in the middle of training more reps so that might make things a bit better on the waiting side of things. I think most of their problems are around the procedures they have in place. It sounds like a lot of people are falling down into cracks which the system/procedures aren't aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭d-j-k

Since I've moved to Esat BT's Advantage Plus phone service I've NEVER received regular bills at all! and I didn't opt for online billing either.

They debit the right amount out of my current account every 2 months but i've yet to see a single invoice!

I've contacted them about it on several occasions and they always promise to post out a bill but so far I've only received one which arrived in a handwritten brown paper envelope with a with compliaments slip from the customer care person I was talk to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

oh dear oh dear oh dear.
    after reading this thread i'm already regretting requesting changing my phone over to esat to avail or their phone and bb package. :(
    actually i must ring them, they probably have "lost" my application like they did when i tried to sign up for bb in the last house i lived in, but this time i'll be fine with that!
    At least €ircom have their billing sorted..

Advertisement