Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6260 - any thoughts / reviews?

Options
  • 08-11-2004 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has bought the Nokia 6260 yet? Apparently it's available from Expansys.ie at least.

What's it like? Is the swivel action a nuisance? I presume their is stereo sound to go along with the FM radio and MP3 player? Maybe its a silly question but the site doesn't specify -

http://www.nokia.ie/nokia/0,8764,62191,00.html

Has anyone bought the wireless keyboard to go along with it? Does it work well? Is it small and portable when folded?

Thanks,
    -Jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Thanks. That was a brutally honest review wasn't it! Even if the english was a little broken its certainly helped me make up my mind that the 6260 is not for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I still like the phone for some unexplained reason :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

trap4 wrote:
    Has anyone bought the wireless keyboard to go along with it? Does it work well? Is it small and portable when folded?

hi, haven't seen the Nokia Bluetooth keyboard shipping yet...

got the ThinkOutside Bluetooth Stowaway one though and been pretty happy with it. Excellent using it with the Pocket PC OS and much improved Symbian drivers compared with the beta drivers released last year - although they still need a little more tweaking.

Compared to the beta drivers you tested with the IR keyboard: Tab still defaults to inserting space rather than sensing it should change to move between fields (like on the Pocket PC) or the driver offering the facility to change the default behaviour (like on the Palm OS IR Driver). However, up/down does the job grand moving between fields on Series 60 (mimicking the joypad/stick behaviour). However they have fixed the jump to end/start of line, and end/start of text. And the / slash is still positioned in the same place.

nokia_7650_think_outside_bt_kbd_devices.ie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

OK, I saw a nokia 6260 and being a fan of flip phone decided i wanted to get one.
    Only option is SIM free at mo as Vodafone (who I'm with) said they won't be taking the phone and o2 haven't scedueled any testing for it yet.

Has anyone used a 6260 on any of the Irish networks and managed to get GPRS/MMS working on it.
    I know it's the same version of the symbian OS as the 7610 so I'm guessing that the settings should be the same.

Any experiences with it, would you recommend it or should I just get myself a 6230 (Though as I said I've always had flips apart from a 6210i but I prefer flips hands down).

Cheers

Santa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Hi
    My wife is using one for the last month or so now and is delighted with it. She had a 7200 before it (disaster!).
    I have set up all the settings for her and it sends and receives MMS fine, browses websites using the browser, sends and receives emails..... all on O2

Any other questions?

Personally, my only complaint with the phone, is the fact that Nokia have ALMOST (as usual) got it right, but they have all the number buttons on the bottom half and a few, such as menu buttons on the top half, so it is slightly awkward to use, but is fine once you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

its a bit late to reply but wolfman could you tell me the settings for email with o2? I'm using the 6260 and my email address is also o2, but I just cant get it to check my email, browse the web ok but its a pain scrolling over and back, but the smart movie player is class, full leight DVD compressed with xvid codec in avi format, I got House of the Dead compressed to 85MB only and the quality is great playing back on the phone, just have to boost the volume on the movie while encoding big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Nice phone, I've been looking out for a black one for ages, if anyone would like to swap for a 6230.

Advertisement