Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Literature forum

Options
  • 12-09-2000 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I've probably asked before (can't remember for sure), but does anyone think a literature forum, which would cover poetry, prose, lyrics, short stories, etc. is a good idea? Should it be melded into one with the Books forum (like "Music / Radio", it could be "Books / Literature")...

opinions?

Bard
    _____
    -me-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm,

1. "Books" isn't meant to limit topics to things bound in covers. It is supposed to be forum where anything written can be brought up. (yes, if you really must, you *can* talk about playboy, though that should really go under "after hours" don't you think?)

2. I personally am not into reading poetry (so, I'm a philistine). I've nothing against it, I don't mind it, some of it's quite good. I just never thought of asking peeps before. Is there a demand for poetry on the boards?

3. Plays, theatre.... There's never been any rule that people couldn't post about it here.

I miss anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

Bard,

A Literature forum on its own would cover all aspects of the written word wether it ne books, poetry etc. Wouldnt be a massive theatre fan though but it would be good to get a few reviews on books people are reading

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

just rename this one literature smile.gif

I really don't think you'd find a lot of people who are into both games (most of the people on these boards) and poetry, but hey - I could be wrong. I get so bored in work I might even post smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by UNIFLU:
    Bard,

A Literature forum on its own would cover all aspects of the written word wether it ne books, poetry etc.

In that case, I agree with Blitz that this forum should be re-named "Literature", have it as an all-in-one all-encompassing area and be done with it, splitting it later if it gets very busy.

Bard
    _____
    -me-

sounds fine.

DEV!!!!! Pay Attention when I scream at you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Why not call it the Arts Board tongue.gif

Naa, Literature is perfect.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yo! Is we getting de name changed or wha'?

Bard
    _____
    -me-

supposedly, but Dev is a bit busy.

I'll give him a reminder... smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The omnipotent one is watchful...

(Actually guv'n'r, the omnipotent one is up to his goolies in work but the idea has been noted and will go live around the time of The Big Change[tm] )

Dead good idea.

DeV.

Advertisement