Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUBLIN COMIC and TOY CONVENTION

Options
  • 08-11-2004 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

DECEMBER 18th ! Mark this date in your diaries, fanboys and fangirls. The DUBLIN COMIC and TOY CONVENTION is back and bigger and better than ever. Running from 9.00am-5.00pm in Wynn's hotel, Dublin 1, we'll have all those rare comics you can't find in shops as well as all the latest hot toys, statues,graphic novels,posters, dvd's etc.
    As always admission is FREE and not only that,the first 100 in the door will get a free goodie bag! Top comic pros were kind enough to send me some neato prizes to give away at the convention for the Irish comic fans.
    We'll have the first of many special guests this time...the awesome LIAM SHARP! Artist of Possessed, Spawn: The Dark Ages, Hulk, Death's Head II,Firestorm etc. So he'll be on hand to sign and sketch for the day.
    Hope to see you again on December 18!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

excellent, ill be there. now...how early can i get in (i crave goodies)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I hate the fact that there are none of these anywhere near me, and I can't get to the ones in Dublin, or in Belfast (if they have them there).

Could someone take photos, and post them up? Would be nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Emmett

Jared,
    I got so exited about the whole thing that I forgot to put the times on the flyer! The convention opens at 9.00 am and ends at 5.00 pm. Something tells me I'll be answering that question a lot in the coming weeks. BTW ,I didn't mention the goodie bags on the flyer for fear of 100 non-comic fans showing up at 9.00 and taking them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

excellent!

i was at this(?) 2 years ago, happened upon it by accident during an Angel convention i was at and although it was small it was great :D picked up some great finds

will definately be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

OK, where the hell do you people find out about these? Obviously my local store is a bit useless with info on these kinds of things :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Emmett

Iceman, if you'd like to contact me with the name of your local store, I'd love to get some flyers and posters out to them. The more people that come to these things the better for all of us. If they continue to be as successful as they've been, we'll be having guests over from USA before long.

Advertisement