Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Digi Camera when purchasing a Meteor Mobile

Options
  • 08-11-2004 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have just noticed that Meteor are giving away a free digital camera with any phone purchased. Does anyone know what type of camera is being offered?
    And also - if the offer only applies to customers who are taking the post-paid option, or is it open to pre-paid customers as well?
    Might make a handy Christmas pressie for someone, provided it isn't a toy that is!!
    Thanks
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

No luck i'm afraid Ferryman. I happened 2 notice that offer 2, and checked it out myself.
    Here R the details.
    Only applicable to New Subscribers.
    Available 2 both new Ready 2 Go, & new Bill paying customers.
    The offer doesn't apply 2 Meteor customers who R upgrading their subscription.
    Digtial Camera, pretty dismal i'm sorry 2 say.
    No memory card. They dont really know the specs of the camera that much, but she did say sumthing about 640 X 480 i think & then 750 X sumthing or other. I guess its safe 2 say it aint even a 1 Megapixel camera.
    All in all as expected, its not a great camera, but hey that might be O.K. 4 you so check it out further if you like.

Hope this helps
    C YA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Basically it's a free camera. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't give it as a present if I were you. It's about as good as a camera on an ok-ish camera phone. Like megapixels don't come into it. Basically it's just a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tis worth it seeing as I had intended moving to meteor anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Well considering most of the phones that are on offer with this tiny camera hav intergrated cameras
    The camera is probably worth at most 20 euros and they probably buy them for ALOT less
    !!!GIMMICK!!! as Rach said
    If you are thinking of joining meteor because of the camera do not because u will use it once and not again
    Also it does not hav a veiwfinder which all phones with cameras do
    Work it out

Advertisement