Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nell on Late Late

Options
  • 08-11-2004 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Did anybody see Nell McCafferty the Late Late last friday.

She seemed incredibly bitter with a serious chip on her shoulder.

I'd like to hear some views on her performance.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I've always found her to appear like this, although i didn't see the broadcast in question. However did Nuala Ó Faoilán put up up with her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

However did Nuala Ó Faoilán put up up with her?

I believe she did, but can you imagine sleeping with Nell :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

I'd have a chip if I had to put up with that tabloid newspaper made flesh, Fat head Kenny. Can someone please kill Kenny?
    nell is a horrible combination of arrogance and bitterness that RTE seem to cherish. Always thought she was a rude pain in the rear but I'm just a fairy.
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Watched it last night on the repeat and couldn't believe how rude she was. Granted that aul PK is one of the most infuriating TV presenters there is and he has the uncanny ability to phrase a question that would rile Ghandi but it was like she just came on his show to have a go at him. If she had such a big problem with him it was funny the way instead of boycotting his show she was willing to go onto his show to pimp her book. :rolleyes:

Can somebody explain to me why see was going on so much about being a lesbian? Has it been a secret all these years and she's just outed herself in her new book? Either way, they way in which she took it upon herself to preach to the entire nation down the lens of the the TV camera was nothing more than cringeworthy!

Just on a sidenote, did anybody see the way they gave away the car at the end of the Late Late Show? Pat Kenny "is" Alan Partridge, but without the laughs. He can make a simple item on TV turn into an embarrassingly cringeworthy experience!!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Didn't see the LLS but elsewhere it got rave reviews

http://www.gaire.com/e/f/view.asp?parent=265103

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

BaZmO* wrote:
    Watched it last night on the repeat and couldn't believe how rude she was. Granted that aul PK is one of the most infuriating TV presenters there is and he has the uncanny ability to phrase a question that would rile Ghandi but it was like she just came on his show to have a go at him. If she had such a big problem with him it was funny the way instead of boycotting his show she was willing to go onto his show to pimp her book.

Yeah, Pat is crap and has an apalling technique but there was no need for that behaviour :(

The link posted Gaire and the approval voiced makes me wonder tho.

Was she drunk??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

narommy wrote:
    Was she drunk??

When she came out first, (sorry, bad pun!) I thought she was p1ssed because she had that mad glazed over crazy drunk woman look and her body language suggested that she had some type of problem with PK and even the way she kept staring at the audience had a certain Oliver Reed vibe about it.

She did say why she was p1ssed off with PK, something to do with a joke he made about her not getting jiggy with Colin Farrell.

She was obviously suffering from the stress of dealing with coming out, (something I've never had to deal with myself, so I could only imagine how difficult doing something like that is) but her anger,bitterness and downright rudeness done her no favours on the sympathy vote imo.

Can somebody tell me if it has always been common knowledge that she was a Lesbian or is this the first time she has spoken about it?

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭boomdogman

Stress? nell is out for years so whats the big deal. Its not that anyone gives a rattling f**k. Why is she always such a bitter twisted person? Pity the other lesbians having to stick her as the public lesbian. Mybe theyed take Shirley Temple instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I think Nell has serious issues. She keeps going on in the press about how she wants.. or doesn't want to be remembered. she doesn't want to be remembered for her sexual orientation.. think she hasn't come to terms with it herself. if it matters that much and becomes such an issue in your life.. then there's a problem.. and it's not with the press.. it's deep within.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

do you not realise that for her this is a coming out, she truly believes that people will treat her differently, that people never realised she was a lesbian,

I was appaled at Marie Mulhollands article in the Village slating her for not being more out and proud years ago. Marie seems to think everyone should be an out and proud raging Queer shoving it in peoples faces

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Maybe we saw two different LLS's?

She was annoying as she often is, so what is new in that.

She was also a not so young woman stillobviously feeling and dealing with the hurts of her childhood.

Some where some one is missing oout on somethign that does not deserve to be trivilised.

I would not be surprised to here she was drunk, or even medicated. All gay people have to deal with coming out or not,
    All she did was tell her story
    And her own story included feeling hurt by a society and church that makes her less , make sout she was damaged goods

Did no one else in this forum thingy never fell that ? Not that you were less, but that others were insisting there was somethign evil, or sick, or offensive, or degenerate about you because of your sexual orientation.

I think her interview was poor, made worse to begin with by Pat being some and insensitive, but also the man knows her on a professional level for many years.

That an intelligent woman lost control in that way, I dunno, suggests she is not doing so good, and I would hope when people are not doing so good I might sympathize or wish them well rather than emphasise human failings

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I don't watch The Late Late that often, and I didn't see this interview, but Pat Kenny seems to have the worst interview and people skills of any of the major chat show hosts in Britain and Ireland. I understand he is on a huge salary at RTÉ; surely it is time for the man to move on? :confused:

Advertisement