Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my new Spec a bit expensive

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I have over €300 worth of stuff being shipped soon, i have no problem with getting it from the usa. And i did get ripped off by ebay before for over €1000, got half it back though. But i still think its worth the risk, because Euopean prices are stupid for high end pc gear and im sick of paying ridiculous prices, if anything costs over €100 in ireland i buy it in the states instead, except for heavy stuff like the mach II or CRT's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Azza wrote:
    Hmmm Data I think your only hope for play 1600x1200 max resolution is an sli rig. Interestingly Battlefield vietnam is one of the few games known to perform better on the P4 than the AMD 64. Don't know why.

i reckon i'd get away with it with just one of the new cards

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-11.html

specially with AA and AF off

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Ok I’v just read my own post and I think I was a bit to harsh on koneko (probably a lot to harsh) but in my defence I did say and quote “So all I really asking is can someone build a cheaper one of the same power??”

I do realise that most people are trying to make me listen to reason and go for a cheaper option, but this is not what I want, my reasons for building a high spec machine are my own.

Azza really gave some good advice but thanks to everyone for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if thats the case then what is the issue, you've listed the components and thats how much they cost all the components are good, so its can't be that your new spec is too expensive anyone else that tries to build it will come up against the same prices you did.

the only thing you can do is try to source the components as cheap as possible maybe you'll save a hundred or two but if you have the money for that type of rig whats a hundred here or there....

Dataisgod wrote:
    if thats the case then what is the issue, you've listed the components and thats how much they cost all the components are good, so its can't be that your new spec is too expensive anyone else that tries to build it will come up against the same prices you did.

the only thing you can do is try to source the components as cheap as possible maybe you'll save a hundred or two but if you have the money for that type of rig whats a hundred here or there....
    True True but you can get it more than a hundred or 2 cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Dataisgod wrote:
    if thats the case then what is the issue

gline wrote:
    True True but you can get it more than a hundred or 2 cheaper

That’s the issue and that’s what I wanted to Know, where can I get it more than a few hundred cheaper as gline has stated.

Had a look at some American sites last night and they do have a lot of cheaper components. But if I place an order for $2500 then I definitely will get a giant tax bill a week or 2 later. And I don’t want to spread it out over time cos of shipping costs.

if u know someone over there get them to write back from repair on it or gift, LOL, just kidding, i shipped all my stuff seperatly, if you use an international shipper, their shipping costs are usually cheaper, all in all it still works out cheaper then buying it in europe, just a bit more hassle, worth it in the end

Advertisement